Wisdom teeth

"I don't wanna go!" Rudy whined like a child as I literally dragged him to my car.

"You have to, baby" I cooed, holding his face in my hands before pecking his lips. Today Rudy had a dentist appointment to get his wisdom teeth taken out. He had been dreading it for a few months and now was time to get 'em gone. Or that's what I tell him. I didn't blame him for not wanting to go, I wouldn't want to go either if I was in his shoes.

"Why do I have to? Like they're wisdom teeth. That's where all my smarts come from if I have any. But if they take them away then I won't be smart" Rudy pouted as I pushed him into the passenger seat and buckled his seat belt even though he was 23 years old and could do it himself.

"I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, Rudy" I giggled, hopping into the driver's seat. "Plus you weren't too bright, to begin with"

"What?" He exclaimed, putting his hand over his heart, pretending to be offended but I knew he was just being goofy like always.

"Yeah, sorry but not all people have big brains, babe," I tell him, patting his knee as I pulled out into the road.

"Oh okay, that kinda hurt" Rudy stuck out his bottom lip and dragged his finger down his face to represent a tear falling down his face.

The rest of the ride was mainly quiet beside Rudy occasionally complaining about not wanting to go to the dentist and then pointing at dogs we passed by.

Finally, we arrived and I got out of the car and walked over to Rudy's side since he wasn't getting out. I pulled him out of the passenger seat and held his hand as we slowly walked up to the door cause he was dragging his feet.

We walked through the door and to the front desk. I told the secretary that we were here for Rudy's appointment and then we sat down in the chairs across the room.

He nervously played with my fingers as he leaned his head on my shoulder while we waited.

"Rudy Pankow?" The dentist asked, looking around the room.

Rudy stood up and looked back at me with worried eyes so I smiled at him and blew him a kiss before he followed the lady into the back.

I waited for Rudy to get back for what seemed forever. I scrolled through my phone and even played Candy Crush like an old lady. I watched some of the news that was on the TV playing on the wall in front of me. I even took a little nap. But all I could worry about was Rudy and how he was doing.

Finally, he came out with the dentist behind him. His eyes were droopy and his mouth was full of gauze. I giggled as I stood up and walked over to him. He swallowed me in a huge bear hug picking me up off the ground. "Rudy, Rudy stop" I laughed and he put me down.

"Here is some more gauze for the bleeding and then here are some pills for the pain" The dentist informed me as she handed me a bag of cotton pad thingys and a bottle of pills. I thanked her before grabbing Rudy's hand and leaning him out the door.

"You're hot," Rudy said in my face, his voice has a lisp from all the cotton pads stuffed in his mouth. "Like really really really really hot"

"Why do I sound funny?" He asked, clinging onto my arm as we walked to the car.

"Because you just got your wisdom teeth out" I explain to him, making his eyes widen.

"I got my teeth taken out?" He repeated looking at me with a worried expression. "No! I want my teeth back!"

"Rudy, you don't want your teeth back! Let's go home, alright?" I reassured him as I opened the car door and he hopped in before I got in the driver's seat and pulling out of the parking lot.

"I can't feel my lips" Rudy suddenly sobbed as he touched his lips with his fingertips before bursting out in tears. "We need to go back! They—took my lips!"

"Hey, hey shhh" I whispered as I rubbed his thigh, trying not to laugh. "You still have your lips. They're still there"

"No.....they took 'em! I can't—I can't kiss you without them!" He cried, sobbing frantically.

"Rootie baby" I giggled, grabbing his hand and holding it as I traced circle eights on the back of his hand. "Your lips are still there, you just can't feel them"

He shook his head in disbelief, looking at me with wide eyes as tears fell out of them. I quickly wiped them away with my thumb as I kept my eyes on the road.

"You want ice cream?" I questioned, hoping that the mention of ice cream would calm him down.

"Yeah, I want chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles" His lisp was the cutest thing I'd ever heard, making me smile.

Finally, after Rudy crying about not being about to feel his tongue along with his lips, I got his chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.

"Wait!" I stopped him before he could put the spoon with ice cream on it in his mouth. "You gotta take the gauze out of your mouth before you eat, silly"

"I gotta take it out?" He asked, looking at me with wide eyes for the fifth time today.

"Yeah"

"How?" He implied softly, looking at his ice cream.

"You just pull it out with your fingers" I explain simply grinning at his innocents.

"Can you do it?" He said politely, opening his mouth wide.

"Uhh" I hesitantly shook my head. "No, I'm not gonna put my fingers in your mouth"

"Please?"

I sighed before looking in the console for something I could pull the pads of cotton out with. Yeah I know he is my boyfriend and I've kissed him millions of times but this was different. I didn't want slobber on my fingers. Finally, I found a pair of tweezers in the bottom and pulled them out.

"Alright open" I commanded and he did so. I pulled the bloodstain gauze out of his mouth and onto the napkin on his lap then pulling the other one out.

He screamed once he saw the blood on the gauzes making me jump out of my skin.

"Jesus Christ! It's just blood. Eat your ice cream" I tell him, folding the cotton pads up in the napkins.

"Sorry" He apologized before eating his ice cream.

It was gonna be a long day.

Slightly edited
Word count: 1132