VIII. Reunion gone wrong

happy pride month! i hope everyone is doing well these days you're all loved and accepted :) <3

.˚ :: !that's crazy

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

You walked alongside Aether, you felt exhausted by the time all of you had reached the cliff but the magnificent sight was worth it.

You looked past the edge of the cliff in awe. 'Everything looks so small from up here.'

The sun had started coming up, painting the sky with beautiful colours. Aether stood by your side admiring the view as well.

After a few minutes, Diluc spoke up. "Everyone here?" He asked, quickly counting the heads.

"What a view!" Paimon awed at the scene in font of them.

Nodding, you turned the the rest of the group, a gentle smile on your face. You noticed that their gaze on you were softer than it usually was.

To them, you looked perfect, the gentle breeze and scenery making you look like an angel sent from celestia. If there was an archon for beauty and elegance, no doubt it would be you.

"Well isn't this a lovely place for a reunion," Venti chuckled. "now... we must all prepare for a fight."

Jean eyed everyone with a determined look, "regardless of the outcome, things finally seem to be taking a turn for the better. Mondstadt has really been going through so much lately..." she stated. You couldn't help but admire how brave Jean really was. She worked so hard and always seemed to put her people first.

"Huh, in the end, the solution to our problem was as simple as a traveler and a song." Diluc mumbled.

"So mean, ignoring everyone else." You teased, shaking your head.

Venti giggled, "Master Diluc, how could you leave out someone as lovely as our dear [Y/N]." He added.

Diluc shook his head. "Grow up, both of you."

Finally, after a few minutes of teasing the redhead, Venti strummed the Holy Lyre, its melody filling everyone's ears.

While gazing at Venti skilfully play the lyre, you awaited Dvalin's arrival.

Suddenly, the ground started rumbling violently. The wind picked up, forcing you to cover your eyes to prevent something from getting in them. A roar was ripped through the atmosphere before Dvalin with his big blue wings flew upwards.

You could feel yourself getting pushed back so you leant onto Aether who wrapped an arm around your shoulders to help.

You cautiously lowered your arm, staring at Venti and Dvalin communicate, though you had no idea what they were talking about.

It seemed like Dvalin had almost calmed down until, a beam of light flashed and something hit Venti.

"Venti!" You gasped the bards name, running to him as the Holy Lyre fell from his hands.

"No! Tone-Deaf Bard!" Paimon exclaimed as well.

You placed a hand on his shoulder applying slight pressure in worry. You stared at the Abyss Mage that had appeared next to Dvalin. Helplessly you watched as it spoke lies and manipulated the dragon to believe that Venti had betrayed him.

You noticed the purple crystal on the dragons back, it was full of negative energy that had to be removed soon. Dvalin flapped his wings once more, glaring at Venti before flying away.

"Dvalin..."

Recovering from the shock quickly, you gazed down at the bard, gently rubbing his back. His shoulders relaxed slightly but you knew that there wasn't much you could do to help him.

"It's alright, we'll save Dvalin." you mumbled quietly, looking at the sky once again. You felt Venti take your hand and gently squeeze it before letting it go.

"Barba—Venti, please, be careful..." Jean spoke, catching herself before she said something she shouldn't have.

Venti turned to her. "Ehe, you've known about my true identity for sometime now, haven't you? Thank you for continuing to use the name Venti."

"How's the Holy Lyre?" Diluc asked and continued shooting more questions at the bard. "Can it still be played? Or does it need to be repaired?"

"Unfortunately, it's beyond repair..." Venti responded.

Diluc didn't seem to appreciate that answer very much. But who could blame him? He soon brought up the encounter he had with the abyss mage in one of the temples but reassured the grandmaster he had taken care of it.

"Diluc..." Paimon mused, "though he dislikes the Knights of Favonius, he protects Mondstadt in his own way."

Of course, Venti found a way to make fun of them. "Oh~? Why does our little Paimon sound so dotting all of a sudden?"

Diluc brushed the exchange with minimal effort. "Wait for my word, I'll be sure to let Abyss Order know that their Blatant disregard for Mondstadt..." Diluc crossed his arms, "...will not go unpunished."

You sweat dropped at his words. 'He's crazy.'

━━━━━━━━━━━━━