XV. Wangshu

accidentally unpublished a few chapters sorry about that everyone

.˚ :: !a ghost!

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The three of you stepped into an elevator that took you up to the inns entrance, once you had stepped out, Paimon and Aether looked around in awe.

Paimon frowned, "compared to Jueyun Karst this place seems basic. Are we really going to find an adeptus here?"

"Paimon, that's rude..." You murmured walking up the inns stairs.

Arriving at the top, the three of you looked over the balcony, the night air gently swaying your clothes and hair. You looked up at the stars that twinkled brightly.

"Oh? He's not here." Paimon comments.

You turned to the two travellers. "No, he's here."

"Wh—" Aether jumped when a new voice suddenly started speaking.

"To the blind, everything may be as it appears..." It was Xiao, he observed all three of you. His eyes widened a little when he had looked at you— almost like he had been relived to see you.

"Oh, it's you." He said, it seemed specified to you but you weren't too sure.

You smiled at him as Aether showed the sigil of permission he was holding.

"Oh? A sigil of permission. You came prepared." Xiao commented. "Though this only prevents me from hurting you myself. It doesn't prevent you from getting hurt in other ways."

Paimon made a face. "Uh... Paimon doesn't get it."

"It doesn't matter anyway. We have important stuff to tell you." You said.

"You mortals are far more weaker compared to us adepti, I'm telling you this for your own good, so, leave. Now." Xiao didn't wait for a reply as he teleported away.

Paimon crossed her arms over her chest. "Paimon's... peeved! All he does is think about himself!" She said fuming.

"Don't take it personally he's always like this." You comforted.

"He's the adepti you've met before?" Aether asked, completely baffled, "why didn't he hear you out then?"

"Dunno. But our best bet will be bringing him something he likes" You scratched your head. "Which I unfortunately forgot."