XIII. Moon Carver

hi hi i'm sorry for not updating i started school and i apparently have low haemoglobin so the pills i'm taking for it make me so drowsy and tired ahaa not fun

.˚ :: !state your purpose, travelers

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Just remember, we aren't supposed to be going beyond their borders , I think this adeptus we're going to see will be kind." You told Aether. "And we have the Sigil of Permission so we will be fine. I hope."

"...You hope...?"

You and Aether traveled all the way Jueyun Karst. You told him stories about the adepti that you had heard and told him about your friends.

"Are you sure your friend won't one day have enough of you and Xingqiu's tricks and snap at you?" Paimon asked.

You giggled. "Definitely."

By now, you had been walking in a path and had neared to some steps. The three of you looked around, 'where is the adeptus?' You wondered.

You heard footsteps from behind you, "And who might you be? Those that dare to enter Jueyun Karst?" Turning around you saw a Stag approaching, but from a glimpse of its appearance you could tell this was an adeptus.

"We were sent here." You said as Aether showed the sigil of Permission he had gotten from the harbinger.

The adeptus looked at the sigil. "Many a season has passed since one was last in the presence of such an item. He before you is there mighty and illuminated adeptus, Moon Carver. Speak, travellers. What business have you here?"

"Actually..." Paimon was about to speak when suddenly a voice yelled out.

"It's the assassins! They dared to flee here to Jueyun Karst!" It was the millelith, you were shocked to see that they had found you all so quickly.

"Sir, we've stepped too far ino Jueyun Karst ourselves..." The man next to the leader spoke softly.

"...Disturbing our borders..." Moon Carver said disappointedly. He looked down to the three of you. "See them gone. One will not have interruption."

After he said those words, you felt a strong power pass through your body, you assumed it was the adeptus giving you his powers to get rid of the soldiers.

You pulled out your polearm and twirled it around your hand. You huffed and jumped into the sky, finding yourself going higher than normal as you felt the wind underneath lift you higher.

Lighting your weapon on fire you slammed it onto the ground, causing flames to rise from the ground and burn the soldiers.

Aether followed behind, slamming his fist onto the ground, the ground shook and the soldiers fell down, letting the traveler easily rid of them.

He also used anemo to help spread your fire around and finally, the soldiers retreated. You sighed in relief and let your weapon go, it disappearing into the air and appearing on your back.

The two of you turned to the adeptus. "We've digressed. State your purpose, travelers." He said.

This time, Paimon got to explain the events from before with no interruption.

Moon Carver looked more and more furious as your floating companion kept going. "Preposterous..." He said after Paimon was done. "PREPOSTEROUS!!! The Liyue Qixing... utterly disappointing. How could someone possibly assassinate Rex Lapis during the Rite of Descension... And then place suspicion upon the attendees!?" Moon Carver sighed.

"Travelers, of the unjust accusations placed upon you, one has become aware. The mind knows it's answer. Though one must consult with ones fellows, test the mind be misguided. Go. Take your Sigil of Permission, carry with you a message."

"Where do we go now?" You questioned.

"Mountain Shaper and Cloud Retainer can be found here. Only fate will decide if you shall find them — only fate."

"Shall we seek the Conqueror of Demons?"

"One understands, go, now." Moon Carver nodded his head and vanished.

You handed the Sigil back to Aether. "You can choose who we look for first, Aether. I think I can lead you to all of them." You smiled.

"What do you mean by, you think!?" Paimon exclaimed. "Do you mean we could possibly get lost or something!?"

"I said what I said." You huffed and turned to the traveler. "So?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

yayy decisions for readers

i feel like everyone's most likely going to choose Xiao first but that's okay ahaa i just thought you guys needed to make some decision for the story yk??