XII. Liyue

you guys are so cute i love you and sorry for not updating <3

.˚ :: !Rex Lapis is dead!

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

You and Aether head to Liyue when the sun was not even up the next day, you were barely awake but you powered through it.

The scenery drastically changed when you arrived to the lands of the Geo Archon. You hummed quietly while leading the way to the town.

You all stopped to admire the sunrise. You purposefully took a route to lead to the perfect spot to rest at and watch the sky turn pretty colours.

Finally, after a tiring journey, the three of you arrived. You almost threw Paimon into the water for complaining so much.

Aether looked around the town, everyone was doing their own thing and it gave an entirely different vibe than Mondstadt.

Paimon turned to the traveler while you stretched your body. "If you want to find the Geo Archon, this is the only chance you'll get all year." She said. "Guess it's a good thing Venti brought it up earlier, otherwise we definitely would've missed this years Rite of Descension."

Aether nodded and turned to you, "Do you know when it is?" He asked.

"It's today." You answered taking a look around.

"Did you know? Mora was named after the Geo Archon, Morax. But it's seen as impolite from people outside Liyue to refer to the Geo Archon by that name." Paimon explained. "So we should refer to the Geo Archon by the name Rex Lapis."

Aether explored the town, talking to locals on the way. You only followed behind him.

After he finished, the three of you decided to go make a wish together. "It's the perfect time to do it too!" You smiled leading them to one of the shrines.

After you respectively made a wish you turned to the crowd gathered around Lady Ningguang. "We should wait for her to finish up and begin the ceremony." You told the traveler.

After a few minutes, it seemed that the Rite of Decension was about to begin. Aether couldn't seem to see what was happening so you grabbed his hand and pushed past the people to the front.

You didn't bother letting go of his hand and you felt him tighten his grasp on you.

"The hour is upon us." Lady Ningguang began. She raised her hands slightly, her vision forming crystal chunks that started circling around her, she then shot them towards one of the shrines on display to use and made them enter their respective places.