Chapter 1️⃣7️⃣

Joe's POV

We were slowly walking down a long hallway. There were paintings all down the walls, white marble flooring and the walls were some type of gold finish on them. We got to the end of the hallway and then we took a right and wound up in a room that I'm assuming is his office, or the study, or both.

He closed the door behind me and walked past his huge desk and took a seat on the sofa. I looked in front of me and there were wooden panel walls, a tan colored marble floor, and the wall behind his desk was filled with books from the floor to the ceiling. On the left side of his desk was a bar cart with different types of liquors, glasses and an ice bucket. I looked behind me, there was a brown leather sofa and a chair on a huge area rug, facing like an 80 inch TV. This room is kinda badass. I'm a little jealous. I should steal some of his ideas.

On the coffee table in front of the sofa was a box. I could see from where I'm standing the box had cigars in it with a few different torches. I look over at the far wall and I see a set up where there are about 10 different types of rifles and shotguns lying in a case. There was a fireplace that had Lux Touch marble on the wall. That shit is $1 million per square foot. Oh, they have money money. I'm definitely sure that this is his office.

I stayed standing at the door. I don't know what the fuck is about to happen. There's guns on the wall, and torches on the table.

"Have a seat." He says, reaching for the cigars on the table.

I take a seat in the brown leather chair, next to the sofa. I'm going to keep my guard up, I don't know what this is about. The man barely said anything to me, then asked me to come in here.

"Cigar?" He holds one out to me.

"I'm good." I say

He shrugs his shoulders, then places it in his mouth. "So...." He lights the torch and puts it up to the cigar, turning it and puffing at the same time to light it. "......You're dating my daughter?"

"I am."

"How long has this been going on?" He asks

"A few months."

"How did you guys meet?"

"At a bar."

"Did you fuck my daughter the night you met her?" He asks, with a serious face.

Now, I can lie about this but for some reason I feel he wants me to tell the truth. I don't want to come off as anything but an honest guy, but this is his daughter we're talking about here. His little girl. I don't know their relationship but I highly doubt a father wants to hear about his daughter being pounded out by someone like me. He'd definitely torch me. A lie it is.

"No, I didn't. She left with me, but all we did was grab something to eat and I took her home."

"Umph." He says, then stands up. He walks over to the bar cart, picks up a dark liquor, and pours enough for a shot into two glasses. "You like my daughter?"

"Of course I do."

"How much?" He asks

"As much as a guy should after a few months. I actually like her way more than that, if I'm being honest." I say

"That's nice to hear you say, but my daughter is troubled in many ways. I assume she hasn't shown you that side of her yet."

"I see she has a few issues, nothing I can't handle."

"So what have you seen?" He asks, taking a swig of his drink.

"She has abandonment issues, she likes to perform disappearing acts and I'm assuming that's because she didn't get enough attention as a kid. She also has issues with opening up to people and I'm assuming that's from childhood too." I say