Chapter 3️⃣

Joe's POV

After Ammika left my house, I went to the gym, my gym. The house I bought had a guest house in the back, so I turned that into a gym, pretty convenient, I know.

I worked out for a couple of hours, and I worked out hard too. Lobo was on my mind the whole time. I don't think I'm capable of having another one night stand, with another woman, that shit isn't for me because here I am trying to work, and she's on my mind when she's not supposed to be. I even gave her a nickname, like she's going to be around or something. I don't like this, I don't want to lose focus.

Lobo and I said we would wait as long as possible, but within a week, before we contacted each other, if we wanted to see each other again. Well, I need to talk to her, because she left her necklace. I don't know if it was intentional but I'm going to assume she wants it back. It's only been a couple of hours but I think this is an exception. That week can start after I get it back to her. But now the question is, do I text or call? Why is this so difficult? This is some childish ass shit. Why can't I make the simple decision to call or text her? I'm really sitting here trying to make this huge decision. This is stupid.

I laugh out loud, "Seriously, Joe stop it! You're acting like a little bitch." I say to myself.

I pull out my phone and I text her.

Joe: Hey you left your necklace at my house.

There. Easy enough. I put my phone on the floor, then I continue to workout.

5 minutes go by and no text back. I stop and pick up my phone. Maybe my phone is on silent and I don't know. I pick up my phone and check to see if she texted back. She didn't. What's taking her so long to respond? Doesn't she want her necklace?

"Whatever." I say out loud and put it back down.

I get on the treadmill and I ran for 45 minutes until I heard my phone go off. I didn't rush but I hurried to my phone. Lol I can't believe I'm acting like this but maybe that's her.

I sigh, "Get it together Joe." I say before looking at my phone.

It is her.

Lobo: I know, I didn't want to text you because we said we'd wait. Lol

That's why she waited so long. Okay, cool. I don't feel bad now.

Joe: Yeah, I know. Lol we can start after that.

Lobo: When are you free? I can come get it, I'm free until tonight. I have to work.

Joe: Yeah, I have to work too. I'm about to leave shortly though, I have a little drive ahead of me. I won't be back until tonight, probably really late, like 1 am. You wanna come tomorrow? It'll have to be before 2. I'll have the kids tomorrow and I have to pick them up from school at 3.

Lobo: I don't get off until 4 am.

Joe: well if you want, you can stop by when you get off. I know it'll be pretty late but if that works for you, I can get up to hand it to you.

Lobo: Are you sure?

Joe: Yeah, I normally wake up around 5 am anyway.

Lobo: That actually works for me.

Joe: Well just call me when you get off. I'll be here.

Lobo: Okay. Thanks, Joe.

I put my phone in my pocket and I go about my day.

The show was in Fort Myers, so I drove down there. It's only a two hour drive. The show we had last night was in Tampa, and we went out afterwards. I don't normally go out and drink on a night I work, especially when I have to work the next day, but I'm happy I did last night. I love when the tour is in town because I can just come home afterwards, and get in my own bed.