Chapter 2️⃣2️⃣

Joe's POV

We gathered our things and we got off of the plane. She didn't say anything to me. She knew I was still pissed off at her and didn't want anything to do with her. We got into an awaiting suv and we took our things to the hotel. I checked in and we got into our room. She came in and sat down on the bed. I took a shower and changed my clothes. When I came out of the bathroom, she was sitting in the same spot.

I looked at her and rolled my eyes. I didn't roll them because I was upset or disgusted at her site, but just because I felt bad. I know what she's feeling right now, she's probably feeling like she's been feeling all her life but I can't help my feelings and how I feel. I wanna try to make things right, before this weekend. I can't speak on when we get back to Tampa, but right now I'm going to smooth things over so when I get to the venue tonight there won't be any tension.

I stood across from her and leaned on the dresser. "Soo..."

"I'm just gonna stay here. I don't want to make you uncomfortable or distract you while you're at work."

"No. This is what we're going to do, you're gonna go with me and you're going to act as if everything is all good and so will I. I'm not gonna leave you in a hotel room this whole weekend. I'm willing to forget the situation for the weekend if you hand over all of the drugs you have. You're not gonna take anything this weekend and I'm going to dispose of it how I need to. If you act how you did on that plane, I will leave your ass this second. Do you understand me?" I say in a firm, authoritative tone.

She nods her head.

"Do you have anything to say?" I ask

"I just don't think that taking everything away from me right now is a smart thing to do."

"So now I'm stupid? You're a drug addict and you're calling me stupid? Taking everything away from you is the only reason that I'm even considering this weekend."

"I know but—."

"Are you even capable of not taking anything this weekend?" I ask

"I don't know."

"Welp, we're gonna find out. I'm leaving in five minutes." I walk out of the bedroom.

"Wait!" She says from behind me. I turned around and she was right on my heels.

"What's up?" I say putting on a smile.

"I get really bad anxiety when I'm nervous. I take a hit a few times a day to even out my mood. I get so down sometimes and I just need something to pick me up."

"Okay, drink some coffee. So what are you trying to say?"

"I want to do this, I want to spend this weekend with you and I want us to get through this....but, I don't know if I can."

"Listen to me, if anything is gonna work out between us past this weekend, you have to do this. I'm not budging on this because what I'm thinking is when we get back to Tampa, I'm either checking you into the facility because I don't want someone like you around my kids, or I'm letting you go. So all this is a preview of what you're about to go through come Monday. If you don't want to get clean, let me know now. I already have kids, I don't need to add you to that list."

"I'll try." She says almost whispering.

"Go get your purse and put everything you have on this table, Necklaces and all. And you and you need to leave that brick of money here."

She walks away and she brings her purse back and sits on the table. She pulls out the large brick of money and sits down and then she pulls out the two necklaces that she had in her purse and also takes out the one she had on earlier. She sat them down next to the brick.