- Twenty five -

There was a small period of serenity as you sat up from your previous position. Your chest was heaving and cold blood ran through your body. Your lips pressed firmly agent each other before looking around the room. It was dark, yet Suki kept a small night light on for midnight trips to the restroom or kitchen. The small yellow light made it clear that the nightmare was over.

You were frightened upon having such a horrific dream. The dream was already hazy and hard to recall, even though it was scary. All you could remember was your mother chasing after you. Though, this monster of a mother that appeared in your nightmare was more deformed and sickly looking. Her limbs were abnormal and oddly attached. Everything, from her pale gray skin and her crooked neck to the way she crawled on the floor.

Your hands shook to your face to wipe away the small warm tears from your cheeks. Yet after wiping the little tears away bigger ones rolled down before you could stop them.

She'll find me

You tried to calm your shaky breath as you looked around the room. The bedsheets covered your legs as you turned to look at the bed. Suki was covered in a cacoon of big blankets, curled in a ball. Covered in comfy blankets he held tightly onto his stuffed animal.

"This is cute," you said as you grabbed the small pink rabbit on his bed

"I-i meant to put that away!" Suki said nervously stopping himself in his tracks

"How come?" you asked as you looked at him

"Well... I was worried you were gonna... M-make fun of me. I shouldn't have thought that though- if anything you would be the last person t-that might laugh at me." Suki said blushing a little as he smiled too "I got h-him when I was younger, he helped me sleep when I couldn't and- o-oh sorry. We got sidetracked, I was supposed t-to get you some more blankets."

With that Suki ran out of the room leaving you in his.

The memories from earlier that day made you smile a bit and made you warm. Suki was a very nice guy, yet he is shy to show his soft side. You looked down at the sheets that covered you as you wiped away the last tears that littered your face. The room fell silent, other than the soft snoring of the sleeping boy. You ran a hand across your hair to wake yourself a bit as you stood up. You lightly kicked the sheets aside as you quietly made your way out of the room.

Your feet made light stomps after closing the door and walking down to the kitchen.

I don't wanna go to sleep yet.
I don't wanna have the same dream

Your socks helped with the stealth of walking past the rooms. Even after the small steps to the other part of the house were quiet, you felt you were still being loud.

You walked to the fridge and opened the door. The cool air hit you sending shivers down your spine. The fridge light was blinding while it illuminated the whole kitchen. Many of the foods had names and sticky notes, others were unlabeled. You contemplated whether to grab something or not, then decided not to.

Your journey to the kitchen was short while you walked to the bathroom. Switching on the light made the whole room glow brightly. You rubbed your eyes and turned on the facet. The water ran smoothly agents your hands as you waited for the water to turn a bit warmer. When it did you ran the water agent on your face and wiped it away after drying your hands. Switching off the light, you walked back to Suki's room.

You quietly shut the door and walked to your bed on the floor. Getting under the covers you laid on something rather bulky. Sitting up you noticed it was one of the few plushies Suki owned. It was the pink, soft rabbit he was cuddling before you left the room.