- Twenty -

The rain went on

It kept its dance inflow, a pattern of droplets falling to the asphalt that made the road. The cars passed the two of you as they made their way to their jobs or going home. Your hand was in his, who's was larger in comparison. On the way there, he had given you his scarf and his mittens after realizing you were not getting any warmer. With this, you felt your temperature rise, like you were a walking heater. Haruhi did not seem to shiver even once the while the two of you were walking.

"We need to cross the street, then we'll get there." He said pointing to the crosswalk up ahead

All the while he held your one hand, your other pressed the button as it was red. He stole a small glance at you. All warmed up with his scarf and jacket while his mittens made your hands end there shaking. He smiled a little before looking back at the light as it switched to green. The two of you walked across as he leads you down a couple of houses. They all seemed pretty close to the school, where these dorms, looked rather similar.

He held your hand as he opened the gate to one of the houses. It was a pretty nice home, it had flowers and plants around it. It also seemed pretty big. He held your hand as the two of you walked on the stepping stones from the garden to the front steps. He put in a key and opened the door as a gust of warm air had hit the two of you. He slid off his shoes as you did the same and placed them near the door.

"D-don't watch it if you don't want to then." You heard a voice from inside say to another

"Why can't we just play video games?" Another said

"Because we haven't had the T.V. all day! It's our T.V. Time!"

"Haruki! Did you get the spices I asked for?"

"Yeah! Just hold on!" He said as he led you inside

"(Y/N)!" A familiar voice called out and rushed to give you a hug

"C-careful with her!" Haruki said still holding onto your hand

Yukio let go of you as he looked at you.

"What happened? Are you okay? Tell me everything. Actually, you don't have to if you don't want to." He asked worryingly

"Don't bombard her with so many questions, let her rest for a minute." Haruki told Yukio as he looked back at you "here, sit on the sofa, I need to give Jin something." Haruki told you as he walked to the kitchen

You took a while to look around as you were in the living room. There was a T.V. and two large sofas. Near the living room to the left was a kitchen. From where you were sitting it was not big, but not small either. It had a bar on the side with three chairs to sit at. You noticed how there were a lot of plants around the house. There was an upstairs since you could see the stairs from the side. And a dining room you could only see half of from where you sat.

"(Y-y/n) are you okay?" You heard Suki say as you turned to look at him. He was sitting on the floor of the living room on the carpet. His eyes where looking at your bloody knees as his hand was held up to his mouth. He looked very worried.

"Y-yeah, I just fell." You told him as Yukio, who was sitting on the couch, began to ask questions.

"Are you cold? Do you need new clothes? Do you want some tea? What can we do to help?"

All the questions made you gulp as you did not know what to do or what to say. Then a hand had bonked the top of Yukio's head as Makato told him. "Haruki already told you to stop, she might need rest," Makato told Yukio

Haruki eventually came back with a bag in hand.

"Let's get u cleaned up," Haruki said getting the things out and turning on the light.

"I will get the cotton pads and a blanket," Makato said as he walked upstairs

"I-I-I'll get h-her some new clothes!" Suki said running off as well

As Haruki got the stuff out Yukio paused the T.V. not knowing if you liked horror movies or not. Makato came back with cotton pads and gave them to Haruki.

"Haruki I-I can do that myself." You told him

"It's okay, I can do it. I have applied bandages before, do you know how to?" Haruki said looking at you

While he asked that, it seemed he still did not want an answer.

He dabbed the stinging rubbing alcohol to your knees and cleaned them so they were not infected. The blood that ran down was now clean and he had bandaged your knees pretty well. Your elbow only needed a band-aid and your hands needed to be washed and to be cleaned with more rubbing alcohol. Suki had come back with a baggy sweater and some socks as Makato brought you a blanket.

"T-thank you," you said to all of them as you went into the bathroom to change

You kept your skirt on since it was almost dry and took off your shirt. While you did so you took a very slight glance at the mirror, before it shifted into a starting contest. The purple spots on your stomach, they were... Well, they were there, you were not sure how else to describe them. You took no more time in looking at them as you put on the hoodie. It seemed rather comfortable- one of the fluffiest you've ever tried on. You wore the socks as well since yours were soaked in blood. They were fuzzy socks with little bunnies (or whatever u want) on them. You were sure Haruki had probably bought them for you at the small store. You turned off the lights and made your way out of the bathroom.

You stood next the couch while they were scrolling through what to watch on the television.

"You don't have to act like a stranger, come sit next to me." Yukio said smiling a great toothy grin

You said nothing and did as he said and sat next to him. It was not long after before Makato walked next to you and put a blanket over your sitting figure. You looked up at him and you knew he was not gonna take no for an answer.

While they had found something to put on the television you could not end the overgrown feeling of guilt and fear. It grew greatly and toward over you much like a predator. You shook at the thought of going home- or rather the thought of what would happen. The recall of the hair pulling and the concrete opening your thin flesh. How the rainwater changed colors and you hesitated to scream for help. The hesitation your mother had installed into you. All this thinking, it made your whole body feel heavy and unstable.

'What do I do?'

You thought

'What option will make her the least upset?'

*clink*

"There you go! Well I am not a great cook but this is one of the things I can't fail at preparing. I hope this makes you feel better, a bowl of this always cheers me up."

You looked up as the proud Haruki, no he was not proud, just really happy.

You looked down at what he set on the coffee table. It was a cup of instant ramen, with the warmth and the steam escaping and the classic mini mart ramen cups that don't cost much.

Dam it.

The kindness they had given you right as you took the first step into their home. The worry they showed when they noticed your injuries. The warmth and liveliness of that surrounded everyone and anyone who was near.

Dam it, if you guys keep doing this I'm never gonna want to leave.

"Thank you."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Published: Dec. 10. 2020
Major edit: May 7, 2021