- Twenty one-

Everything had calmed down now. The oven was off and the television was low, the yelling dialed down into a whisper and the rain had made it all seem like a nice, warm, homey rainy day. Yukio and Makato had fallen asleep on the couch as Suki was trying his best to keep himself awake, though he continued to nod off while the movie continued. His hair was parted enough that you could see the small bandaid you put on him during the accident in P.E. class. Haruki had sat next to your other side and seemed asleep though it also looked like he was having trouble sleeping. Jin had gone to his room already tired from the cooking. As for you- you tried to keep yourself awake for when you were to go back home.

You couldn't spend the night even if you could, even if they didn't mind. Another kick in the stomach is better than ten more out of rage.

You snuggled into the cozy blanket they let you borrow while you kept thinking about all the other times you had disobeyed her. Your eyes had fluttered trying to stop the tears from leaving your eyes. You moved a tiny bit to look at Haruki, he had fallen asleep in what looked like an uncomfortable position where his neck was bent while his head rested on the back of the couch. Next to him was Yukio, with his hands and legs thrown around. Makato had fallen asleep with his hand supporting his head and Suki dozed off while hugging his pillow.

Slowly but surely you slid off the blanket, careful not to make too much noise. You sat up and hesitated for a moment. You did not want to leave- but you had to.

"Where are you going?" Haruhi asked right when your feet touched the floor and you still sat on the couch

"I should get back, my mom would be worried." You said spiting lies again

He seemed to take a moment to think before responding

"It's already 1:00 am, there might be some creeps outside- we may live close but there are some real dangers out there," Haruki said

he had a point

"Haruki I-"

"(Y/n) please, it will be fine you can have my bed, I'll sleep out here. Or we can make you a small bed."

"I have put you though enough trouble today-" you said thinking you would finally get off the hook

"If you were a trouble to take care of I would have ignored you, I would've just walked you home and walked back to mine- I helped you because I am your friend and I don't ever want to see you hurt again." He said softly with a gentle voice

You looked at him, why was he so kind?

Rapidly at that moment, the door had opened quite abruptly at that too. The heavy steps of cargo boots were heard as well as an umbrella quickly closing. You were sure the quick thud of rain had stopped but maybe it was the tranquillity inside the house that muffled the rain to a quiet patter. With the door open the noise was clear as it was pouring heavily outside. The figure was pretty tall and wore a big sweater that tracked in a bit of rain. The door closed when he turned around and he took off his shoes and jacket. The figure walked near the living room as the warmth flooded back even after the cold had leaked through the opened door, the cold now was gone.

"What happened here?" Junichiro asked Haruki as he took off his gloves.

"Well, we decided to have a little movie night," Haruki said smiling

Junichiro had looked down at you and almost immediately noticed the bandages on your knees despite the darkly dimmed light of the room. His mouth almost moved a bit before choosing to keep it shut and looking anywhere but at you. He scratched the back of his head for a bit before walking up the stairs to his room.