- Thirteen -

The class ended with everyone was cleaning up and unable to finish their cakes, due to time. For a while, you just sat on a chair to keep out of everyone's way. That was until Junichiro passed you a towel and you cleaned the counters. While you cleaned you couldn't help but overhear a conversation near you.

"This happens a lot when Junichiro bakes," one boy said to the other " It makes me upset, all of this, it's getting old."

'old?' You thought not quite understanding

Where his excuses getting stale or his actions? And what gives them the right to make fun of him? He is trying his best. Despite his angry-looking completion, you could tell just how much Junichiro sincerely enjoyed baking.

Your hands moved across the counter with the rag before lifting your head to the side. You watched closely as he gripped his rag rightly and continued to clean next to you. Without making eye contact, you could just feel him grit his teeth together.

Should I ask if Junichero is okay?

Maybe not... I'll just bother him
.
.
.
.
The tap of your shoes moved away from the school as you walked home. Junichiro stormed off after class and Jin ran after him.

Should I have comforted Junichero? Also, why do I get the feeling that Jin was not just going after his friend? Like he wanted to avoid me?

"Did I say something wrong?" You thought aloud

"No, I would think your just a tinny bit forgetful." A cheery voice said behind you.

As you turn, you're meet with a black-haired boy, Haruki, a bit out of breath but still smiling brightly.

"Didn't you say it was ok to walk together?" Haruki said, trying to catch his breath.

"Sorry, I forgot about that." You said without any lie in your voice

"It's alright, I was more worried you were upset and that was why you walked off without me. I did call out to you a couple of times." he said lightly chuckling

"You were calling out to me? I'm sorry, I was thinking about something."

Was I really deep into thought that I didn't hear him, I feel bad now.

"It's cool, no need for an apology," he said with his genuine smile "What was on your mind?"

"Nothing really, I don't want to bother you." You said not wanting to trouble him

Unknowingly, he only felt more anger that you wouldn't tell him.

Haruki's pov-

My fist was clenched and my teeth made their way to grit like they do occasionally.

'(Y/n), I just want to help you, I need to. '

You told me in art class what he did, and that you talked to him. That was enough to make my blood boil and now, something is wrong, I can tell.

This feeling, I keep it in. It's never been a problem until I met her. Why? I feel so angry when someone talks to you, so mad when you ignore me, worried you will leave me. I have only met her today, how silly, but these feelings are nothing but silly. They are horrible. Something like jealousy, but far worse. Unless jealousy makes you feel- makes you want to harm others, thought in a kinder sense. But even back then, I felt this, and never wanted to harm anyone, it's a craving almost now.

"Hey," she said, which caught me off guard, it was so sudden and I would of thought our conversation was going to be on pause for a while longer.

"Tell me, what are you thinking about?" (y/n) Said

I didn't understand. What was she asking of me?

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Well, your fists are clenched after I didn't tell you, are you mad?" She said

Her voice-

This voice where she was not angry at me, that she was actually, sincerely curious. Her eyes were not covered and her face wasn't shone away from mine. She seemed a bit hurt, yet as she said that she faced away from me.

I want her to look at me

Before I knew it, I took too long to answer that she took it upon herself to continue

"You're mad, just not at me, right?" She asked, but still not done, " or maybe you are mad a me? That's okay... You know, you don't have to pretend."

"-What?" I asked very quietly to where I wasn't interrupting, but still audible.

"You know that already, but- maybe you don't." she said stoping her first sentence with dout

I still didn't understand, my fists were no longer griping at themselves and I stopped walking to understand what she was trying to get out of me.

But before I could ask...

She turned to me, and smiled

That was it

A smile

No explanation needed,

She found me out so quickly

It makes me a bit irritated,

But I'm very happy too

"And on the 'first day', huh? You know me like the back of your hand already, hu?" I said, calling out to her as she had already started walking without me

"No, it's just..." she trailed off "I can tell you try to be happy go lucky and all- but is that really you? I'm your friend now, I'm not a stranger. I won't judge."

...

She has me like clay in her hands

And yet she chooses not to sculpt me

Not to play with my emotions

Not to throw me away out of frustration

Not to shape me into what she wants

But

What I want

Second pov-

As you continue to walk Haruki walked with you, yet more calmly, quieter, and more in thought.

Oh, but what you have done to him will soon be seen

Whether you'll call it gruesome or something in the name of love

It depends whose eyes behold it

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Published: 8/9/2020
Major edit: April 14 2021