- Four -

That's when time had abruptly stoped for a minute
.
.
.
When time had stopped in order to help you ask yourself a question
.
.
'What did I just do?'
.
.
.
Noticing the shattered pieces of glass around your fingers and press across the floor, you quickly sat up. The pair of black shoes belonged to a rather tall boy that you turned your head up to see. He looked very cold. You figured he was very upset, but his face seemed to show little to no emotion.

The tall boy had bent down on his knees to your hight where you sat on the cool floor. His blue eyes had scanned the floor. Catching his eye was his broken camera and then he looked at you, making eye contact as long as he had to to make sure you knew what you had done.

"$350" was all his raspy voice had said

"What?" You questioned

"The cost of the lens you broke, $350" he responded seriously

You just looked at him and your mind went blank. You swallowed the bit of confidence you had. Your eye twitched a bit as you were not ready to take five jobs after the first day of school.

"If the zoom ring and focus ring are broken too, the expense will rise." He said with little emotion

"I-I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. I didn't mean to break your lens, I can pay you back, just not at the moment, uh, what if I pay you back with something else? Tutoring or cleaning your house, anything. I don't have the money as of right now, I didn't mean to break your camera."

"Anything?"

You gulped, just the way the word rolled off his tongue made you regret saying it.

"Well..." he started "it would be less of a hassle to have someone do my school work for me.  Call it a pet if you will."

"P-pet?" you said in shock

"Well yes, you need to repay me in some way, right?" He said having a very thin, small smile make its way to his face "you said anything."

"Well...I did." You admitted "b-but-"

"Oh my, I even think you'll have to buy me a whole new camera, if I can recall correctly, this one was $998.00." He said checking his camera by snapping one or two pictures of the lockers that surrounded the two of you.

"W-what! F-fine then, I'll do as you want," you said defeatedly

"Great, I don't need you at this moment, but when I do, I'll find you." He said moving his hand to shoo you away.

*click*

You saw the camera was pulled up to his face. The broken lens was on the camera and you were surprised to see him smirk lightly before it disappeared. He had taken a photo of you.

"Other than doing work for me, you are very useless to me," he continued "but since you insisted that you'd do anything, then that might come to an advantage one day."

*click*

you heard a small breathy chuckle from the boy as he looked at his camera.

"For, school work can be such a hassle some times. Would it not be great to have someone do it for you? Someone follow you around like a lost puppy waiting to be sent off to do another task... then another... and another."

"Your camera, it's broken is it not? Why are you taking pictures?" You asked

"The lense dose affect the picture, it dose come out as crap... yet okay none the less."

"...?" You said tilting your head

Which is it? Okay or crap?

He took another photo of the surroundings and looked back down at you who tried to clean your stuff up off the floor.

"I take it you don't do much photography now, do you?" He said raising a brow

You shook your head 'no' to say you don't, rather than speaking.

"You see, the photos I take are in monochrome. Only what I see fit for my aesthetic do I take a picture of it, I like pictures that make someone think 'what's the story?'. In other words, I like taking pictures of strong emotions that are expressed on a person, and might I say, you will not be a bad model, your frightful face is priceless, you might even pay off your debt faster than you think; don't take it as a compliment though, your better than nothing, and I can settle for having you."

You just looked at him just wanting to leave.

"Hm, now... come to think of it. I believe I have quite the work ahead of me. You wouldn't mind if you have your time to me some time? After all, you have to, unless you have the money." His smug smile grew "as my new pet, you must obey after all."

His words made you frown your brow

As my new pet you now must obey
Who does he think he is
As your new pet I'll bite your ass off

You thought getting pretty irritated with this guy

"If you don't then I can also accept full pay in money~"

'Shit'

"uh... ok, I should have some time." you said

"Good." He said quietly

You checked the time and realized you had to get to class before your late. You stood to your feet and dashed down the hallway, but then your body made a turn tongue boy.

"Uh-bye." you said with a small wave

"Takuma." He said

"What?"

"Takuma is my name."

"Oh okay, bye Takuma."

"goodbye (y/n)"

Oblivious as you were...there was nothing wrong with today's meeting with this new boy.
.
.
.
Though you never gave him your name,
.
.
.
and there was nothing you could have possibly tripped on
.
.
.
but of course,

unless someone tried to trip you.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Published: 3/15/2020
Major edit: Jan. 26. 2021