- Six -

The two of you had walked into art class and sat next to one another. The desks where taller in this class, as well as the chairs. Haruhi took a seat near the back corner as he pat the seat next to him, giving you the chair nearest to the window. You sat down and admired the large glass that showed the rather gloomy day.

Compared to the outside, the classroom was rather bright. There where art pieces on the wall and on the board. As you where observing, you did not take notice to the eager boy who wanted to talk with you.

"So how is it?" Haruki said rather quietly, not wanting to startle you

"How is what?" you asked not understanding what he wanted

"sYour first day and all. How do you like your first few classes? Have you met anyone?" Haruhi asks again in better detail

You scanned your memory a bit, finding it hard to recall much. Then you remembered the camera you had broken.

"I kinda broke someone's very expensive camera..." you said trying not to make it a big deal to keep him from worrying "um... But other than that I-"

"Scuse' me miss, don't even try to gloss over that. Tell me everything." he said playful getting into your story

"Well, I was getting to class. I kinda was paying attention to the people that where wispering, and I tried then I found myself on the floor with glass-"

"Are you okay?" he asked

"Yeah, the glass didn't get on it hands." you reassured

"And how about the guy? Was he at least forgiving?" he asked

"Hm, I don't think I would say that, " you started "He was rather cold if I have to be honest. He wants me to repay him, since I don't have much he said I could work for him. I can't say I'm excited about that, he does not seem kind."

"Jeez, how much do you owe?"

"I think $980, around that area."

"What's his name?"

"Something like... Taki... what no like... something with a T. He also had white hair and blue eyes and-"

"Takuma." He said coldly

"Yeah him."

"..."

He said nothing.

It was quite.

"Try your best to keep your distance from him, okay?"

"Why?" you asked

"(Y/n)." He quietoy said

".."

"He- you don't want to be around him. Call it a superiority complex if you want but he is selfish. You seem like a cool person, I think that being around him might lead to some bad things."

"I don't have much of a choice." you hesitated as you saw him wanting to cut you off but he stopped himself.

He nodded as in saying 'sorry, please continue.'

"I mean, it's a lot of money, I can't just hand him that amount of cash in such little time. I need to take any chances that might help pay off my dept."

He looked to the floor then back at you

"Promise me you will stand up to him if he makes you in any way uncomfortable... Just promise."

You nodded and took his pinky into yours wile you smiled

"And don't worry too much about the money- ill help you out. We can work at the small market nearby, or the busy cafe that's always looking for help."

"Pf-" you held in a giggle "That's a maid cafe, Haruki. Your gonna wear a dress in front of so many people?"

"I'm sure I would look great in a dress." Haruhi laughed with you

"...Haruki, " you started as his head turned to you "do you know him?"

He scoffed

"Wish I didn't."

He took time to form another sentice as you waited for him.

"There was another photography kid in junior high, he loved to take pictures of the outdoors after it rained. His name was Lawrence, Law for short. He was my friend. He had the biggest smile and the biggest dream. Well... Law wanted a photography buddy, you see, I couldn't relate to pictures and stuff, I was more into art." He took a short pause. "That's when he met Takuma, he met him in the photography club, we all got along, but Lawrence was accused of stealing Takuma's ideas, Law had always had a short temper and..."

Haruki took another pause

"Law broke Takumas camera, it was an older model, but when he broke it, the camera roll got damaged too," He continues, but with a different tone "Law didn't know. Lawrence was a nice guy, he didn't mean it, his anger just got the best of him. Takuma... I don't know how he did it, but he got Law expelled, and got his family to move away. With the money he has, I guess he can control others. Now everyone keeps their distance from him, who knows what he can do to ruin our lives."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Haruki." You said looking at him while he looked at his hands

He did not seem sad, not angry, he was just answering your question was all.

"Don't say sorry, everything is fine now, I have new friends and Law is doing great too, he moved to a more rainy place so... yeah." He said smiling, "I just wanted to warn you, you don't deserve to be forced to do something you don't want to do, I can tell you're a good person."

"Thank you." You said smiling to him

"Alright class, time to start."

As you were distracted by the teacher and her instructions you didn't pay any eye or ear to Haruki and his quiet mumbling.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"It has never hurt this much to lie to someone. Sorry about that, but I need you to keep your distance from him."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Published: April 1 2020
Major edit: March 28 2021