✦03✦

Chapter Three
Insane Alien Hypnotism

*---*---*---*---*---*

The very next morning they arrived back in London; Rose, Mickey, and Jackie all insisted they go with Emma because if an alien invasion was taking place at least they were at home when it happened.

They just made it back to the Tyler's apartment, the entire place looking exactly the same as it did the last time Emma was there. She set her bags down and sighed, not having a single clue of what to do next, and that's when a clue literally just fell into her lap.

A commotion stirred outside and Rose went to take a look, Emma not far behind her.

"What is wrong with you?" a woman shouted. "Jason? Jason!"

"Sandra?" Rose called out as the couple passed by her.

"He won't listen," Sandra cried, "he's just walking," she looked back at him. "He won't stop walking! There's this sort of light thing. Jason? Stop it right now!"

Mickey closed the door behind them as Emma looked over the balcony, she saw a row of people just robotically walking forward and she followed where they were going, her eyes widening. Everyone, anyone, they were all headed for a rooftop.

"They're just going to jump on command?" Rose asked in disbelief.

"It looks like it," Emma said, glancing around with internal panic. She pressed a finger to a man's head and he fell unconscious at her feet.

"What are we going to do?" Mickey asked.

"I don't know," Emma admitted, "even if I do keep knocking them unconscious there's a whole world full of people I can't get to, and as soon as they wake up it won't matter because they'll all be right back where they started... standing on a ledge... waiting to jump."

*---*---*---*---*---*

Jackie pulled them inside the apartment and sat them down on the couch in front of the TV as soon as they got back. "You lot will want to hear this."

Emma sighed in frustration but did as she was told, seeing Harriet Jones on the screen.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if I may take a moment during this terrible time," Harriet started speaking. "It's hardly the Queen's speech. I'm afraid that's been canceled," she shook her head and then looked off to the side at someone who wasn't on the screen. "Did we ask about the royal family?" her face went grim at the reply, "oh," she gulped, "they're on the roof."

Emma could see the strain in the woman's voice, the nervousness in her actions, and the fear in her eyes. Emma's heart went out if only she knew what she could do to stop this and make it better.

"But ladies and gentlemen, this crisis is unique and I'm afraid to say it may get much worse," Harriet spoke, regretfully. "I would ask you all to remain calm. But I have one request," she looked directly into the camera's lens. "Doctor if you're out there we need you, I don't know what to do," Harriet admitted, "if you can hear me, Doctor. If anyone knows the Doctor and anyone can find him the situation has never been more desperate."

Emma stood up from the couch, she was in tears but less so out of sadness and more so out of anger and frustration.

"Help us, please, Doctor," Harriet continued to beg. "Help us, God help us."

Emma walked into the room where Mickey had settled the Doctor in and knelt down by his side, still crying.

"If you could just wake up and tell me what to do. If you could just do that," she cried, "then I could do whatever it is, Doctor, I could do it. But I... I don't know what to do... I don't... I don't..."