✦05✦ - New Territory

Chapter Five
Relationship Change

*---*---*---*---*---*

The next morning Emma woke up in the TARDIS the familiar feeling of home surrounding her like a blanket as she got out of bed and got dressed for the day.

"Ah, good morning!" the Doctor chirped happily as she walked into the control room.

"Good morning."

"Do I have a surprise for you, Emma Winchester!" he grinned.

"A surprise?" she asked, smiling.

"Uh, huh."

"What is it?"

The Doctor wagged a finger at her as she walked up to the console and leaned her arms down against it.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you then, would it?"

"No, it wouldn't," Emma agreed before pausing and grabbing his arm. "Doctor, we have to talk about something before we do anything or go anywhere."

"We do?" he asked, raising his brows in surprise. "Is this a good talk or a bad talk? And also will this talk be at all long because we're already here."

"Here?" she asked, straightening up. "Here? Where?"

"Home," he smiled at her.

"Home?" Emma repeated, "aren't we always at home in the TARDIS?"

"Well, yes," the Doctor nodded thoughtfully before grinning, "but home. Kansas! The Men of Letters bunker! Your dads!" he exclaimed.

"Home?" she asked, looking back at the door in shock. "We're home? We're at the bunker?!"

"We're in the bunker," he corrected. "So, now what did you want to talk about?"

Emma didn't answer and ran to the TARDIS door, swinging it open, and stumbling out to see she really was in the bunker.

"Oh, Chuck, I'm home," she whispered to herself.

"Emma?"

She turned to see her dad standing there on the top step, his eyes wide in surprise before he quickly snapped out of it and grabbed her in a hug.

"Dad," she sighed contently as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Butterfly," Dean breathed out, kissing her temple and hugging her tighter. "I was so worried about you. Are you alright?" he asked, pulling away to check her.

"I'm fine," Emma nodded. "I'm fine."

"Thank God."

"Where's Papa?" she asked, stepping out of his embrace and glancing around.

Dean chuckled relief still evident on his face as he stared at her. "Uh..." he pointed behind him, "he went to get me some pie as a reward for listening to you and staying in the bunker."

Emma laughed, happy to be home and happy to know her dads were safe and alive.

"Okay," she smiled, "and where's Uncle Sa-" she was cut off by the sound of something breaking.

The two turned around to see Sam standing there behind them, wide-eyed and open-mouthed as he stared at the TARDIS. He then glanced from the big blue box back to Dean and Emma, which lasted a few seconds as his coffee cup lay shattered at his feet.

"Why is there a telephone box from the 1960s in the bunker?" he immediately questioned. "And Emma, you're back?"

"Hey, Uncle Sam," she beamed and went over to hug him, and despite his shocked state, he hugged her back with just as much force.