✦14✦ - Truth Time

Chapter Fourteen
Angel On The Doctor's Shoulder

*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*

Emma spent the next hour on the TARDIS in her room on her phone. She called home to check in on Rose and Jackie, which only took ten minutes but then she called her dad and uncle, and she wasn't spared. Dean wanted to know everything; how she was doing, was she safe, when she'd be home again, and was she eating enough. It made Emma smile. And Sam wanted to know everything about the adventures she and the Doctor went on, which led to the fifty-minute long conversation on Queen Victoria and the royal family's potential werewolf gene.

It was interesting to ponder over but a slippery slope downhill if you thought about it too much. If it was true then how many other important people in the world were supernatural or alien? A lot, Emma guessed.

"Bye Dad, I love you. Say goodbye to Papa and Uncle Sammy for me," Emma said, finally about to hang up.

"Sure, Butterfly. We love you too," Dean said. "And be safe up there in space, okay? And don't die in a time that isn't ours. Also, don't die!"

"I know, Dad, I won't. I promise," Emma rolled her eyes, a smile on her face. "Bye."

"Bye, kid."

*---*---*---*---*---*

The Doctor sat in the console chair with his legs propped up on the console as he fidgeted mindlessly about with his sonic screwdriver. He was thinking of the Face of Boe's words again, trying to figure them out and decipher them. His mind's curiosity slowly maddening him whenever he had enough quiet time alone.

The TARDIS's console lights flickered and the Doctor rolled his eyes.

"Ask her. That's brilliant why didn't I think of that?" he retorted to himself. "Blimey, since when did you become so nosey, hmm?"

The lights flickered again.

"Oh, stop with your unhelpfulness."

And again.

"Get out of my head and go to sleep already, you big brilliant nagging machine!"

The TARDIS didn't appreciate the remark and kicked the Doctor out of his chair. His seat pushed up and his legs fell from the console until he was standing and stumbling to try and rebalance himself.

"Seems I'm not the only one who's rude and not ginger," he muttered, but then his hand shot up to his hair and he got distracted. "I really wanted to be ginger," the Doctor whined.

*---*---*---*---*---*

"Doctor!" Emma called out when she left her room.

She rounded the corner but found the console room empty. The Doctor was almost always in the console room. He said they were due for the next big adventure as soon as Emma was done phoning home, getting something to eat, and sleeping for an hour or two. But he was nowhere to be found.

Emma rested her hand against one of the TARDIS's pillars as she glanced around for which direction she should head in. The storeroom or the kitchen. But then a warm feeling vibrated through her and she jumped back from the pillar she was touching.

"What the hell?"

Emma looked down at the palm of her hand. Her fingers traced over the skin where a faint color of green was splotched, but when she rubbed at it, it didn't come off and instead faded. Whatever it was wasn't liquid or anything like that and before Emma knew what she was doing, she was putting her hand back up against the pillar. The warm feeling returned and she forced herself to keep connected to the copper and steel, she didn't notice how back in the console room the TARDIS's lights flickered happily.