✦11✦

Chapter Eleven
Big Bad Werewolf

*---*---*---*---*---*

Emma left the Doctor in his room to go back to her own and try and find something to wear. She stopped in front of the hanging cupboard with her hands around the small wooden knobs. Everything in this time was so antique looking and vintage, even the tables, beds, doors, and cupboards. With another glance at the indentation carved into the polished wood, Emma pulled the doors open and started to look through the collection of clothes they'd left for her.

"Too many ruffles," she shook her head in disgust hanging the silk brown dress back up. "Green and orange don't go well together," she said and dismissed another dress option as she murmured to herself. "How come I always pick the first thing I see in Sif's wardrobe but here, I can't even find. . . ah, this one's not too bad."

Emma grabbed the last dress from the clothes rack and held it up to her body as she looked it over in the mirror. It wasn't great but it was a lot better than her other choices. A long cobalt blue dress where the only frills on it were white frills under the neck and around the wrists. Emma threw it down on the bed before walking over to the opposite cupboard, where she hoped she could find a coat to match it. She pulled the handle open, expecting to see more clothes or shoes, maybe even hats but she shrieked and jumped back a hand quickly covering her eyes.

Lately, Emma's grace was acting up. With the growing nightmares not to mention the voices that still plagued her mind, she couldn't control it when her eyes burned blue. Like now, and how she was taking two fast breaths before dropping her hand and looking back at the maid in the cupboard with deep blue, thankfully, human eyes.

Why in Chuck was there a maid hiding in the cupboard?!

"What the hell are you-- "

"Help me. . . "

*---*---*---*---*---*

Emma sat the girl down on the bed, holding her hands and trying to calm her crying down just enough for her hiccuping words to make sense.

"They came through the house," she breathed and sniffed. "They took the steward and the Master, and my lady."

"Shhh, it's okay," Emma softly spoke. "Look, my boy-- " she paused quickly and shook her head slightly. Did they even use the term boyfriend and girlfriend in these days? She had no idea. "I've got this friend, he's called the Doctor. Don't worry, he'll know what to do. Just come with me, okay?" she went to stand up but the maid shook her head.

"Oh, but I can't, Miss!"

"What's your name?" Emma asked

"F-Flora," she stammered, hesitantly.

"Flora," Emma repeated calmly. "Flora, we'll be safe. There are more people downstairs, okay. Soldiers of the Queen and everything, and I'll protect you. It'll be okay, I promise." She nodded reassuringly at Flora before squeezing her hands gently. "Come on."

They got up from the bed and Emma went first, poking her head out of the door and looking left and right. The hallway was empty. She grabbed Flora's wrist and they cautiously made their way forward, until Emma caught sight of something and dropped her grip.

"Oh, Miss, I did warn you!" Flora cried.

On the floor in front of them, unconscious or dead, lay one of the Queen's soldiers motionless. Emma rushed over to him and knelt by his side with her two fingers coming up to feel his pulse. A steady beat thumped against her skin and a sigh escaped her.

"He's not dead, he was probably knocked out or drugged. Don't worry-- " Emma didn't get to finish her sentence before she felt another presence and Flora was screaming.