1 | ONE NIGHT STAND..GONE WRONG?

― 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝕶𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕱𝖆𝖛𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖚𝖘 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭. ―

"i'm gonna miss you, don't forget to visit often, okay?"

i chuckled at letian's sad tone. "of course, i'll still have to conduct missions in liyue, you know."

she groaned loudly, resulting in a glance from the table beside us. "yeah, but i won't see you as much anymore! why do you have to go to mondstadt?! just stay here."

i shrugged. "they lack recruits. i was given an offer, i'll take it. it'll be a good experience anyway. once i'm back, i'll take you on a tour around all the beautiful spots in mondstadt!" i grinned, elbowing her side.

truthfully, there was another reason. i felt guilty from keeping it from her, but i have to check for myself first.

her eyes sparkled in response as she took another sip of her drink, "you better. anyways, let's just savour your last night in liyue. drink up."

i looked down at the untouched glass in front of me. drunk me was...something. i would embarrass myself with actions i would never think of doing sober. i shuddered at the memory of walking around the quiet streets of liyue while telling anyone i came across that i found the statue of the seven attractive.

– flashback

only one man entertained my proclamation.

"oh? do you really think so?"

the top half of his face was covered with a hood, and he wore a large white robe over some wide pants. still, i could see a shadow of a smile as he spoke.

his arms, in particular, caught my attention. it looked like black sleeves at first, but when he brushed some dust off his shoulder, the wrinkles and details around his hand looked a lot like skin. noticing my line of sight, he moved his arms to his back, clasping them together.

the side of his lips lifted slightly before he finally looked up so i could see the whole of his face. the most distinct feature was his eyes. "woahhh." i whispered. his eyes were a beautiful deep shade of amber, very similar to that of a cor lapis, a famous stone in liyue. with the shadow of the hood, it almost glowed brighter.

words spewed out of my lips without much thought. 'you have nice eyes,'

he turned his head to the side for a moment, acting almost slightly embarrassed before composing himself again. 'i am honored to be complimented by a lovely woman like yourself. i take it you had too much to drink?'

i placed my finger on my chin, pretending to be in deep thought, "perhaps?"

his voice vibrated beautifully. that is a voice i'll never forget, i thought.

"it is unsafe late at night. where is your abode? i will walk with you." he lifted his hand, gesturing in a certain direction. abode? who even says that nowadays?

something else struck my eye. that's weird, i could swear his fingers were glowing earlier. now, he had black sleeves that ended near his wrists and black gloves covered his palms.

lantern rite had just ended, hence the decorations were still on display. we spent some more time walking down the harbour, admiring the beautiful sights around us. the harbour comes alive with the gentle glow of lanterns casting flickering shadows across the water. the crisp night air carries the salty scent of the sea and the sound of gentle waves lapping against the boats in the harbour.

the darkness is only broken by the warm glow of the lanterns that hang from the masts and rigging of the docked ships, illuminating the surrounding area with a golden hue. the lanterns sway slightly in the gentle breeze, creating a mesmerizing dance of light and shadow that moves with the rhythm of the water.