5 | EXPERT WITH MY FINGERS

― "𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝖑𝖚𝖈𝖐." ―

my eyes threatened to roll but i kept it in, not wanting to continue disrespecting a senior on my unofficial first day. however, it was hard to keep my tone away from being sarcastic and he was not making it any easier.

"alright, captain kaeya. may i please know where the dining hall is? i want to get some snacks, i'm starving." i said in a tone that proved to be less than appreciated. the smug look on his face faded, making me smile in satisfaction.

"i see you will be hard to deal with for the next month." he said with a sigh.

"so i've been told."

my father was especially strict with his training. compared to the others who are under his wing, i had a particular problem with pushing him over the line continuously, enjoying his groans of despair whenever i did something i shouldn't have. i got away with most of it, of course, being his adorable daughter who he just couldn't stay angry at.

kaeya pushed the door open, the blue strands of hair falling over his face and over his shoulder. to my surprise, he really was showing me the way. while beside me, his cologne tickled my nostrils. hm, smells nice. my eyes flickered up to his face. his side profile looks so good that i can barely deny it. he is attractive.

"can't help staring at my good looks?"

i scoffed at his words, flickering my eyes back to looking ahead. "as if. i was actually just curious about your eyepatch."

kaeya stifled a laugh, mumbling a 'sure, sure.' under his breath. afterwards, he just shrugged.

"are you cosplaying a pirate? can you do an 'arr'?"

i curved my finger in front of his face, imitating pirates i read about in those fairytale books. his face looked ticked off, which fed my bottle of happiness.

kaeya covered his mouth with his hand and looked down. i almost thought i had gone too far before i saw the subtle shaking of his shoulders.

"well, it adds a sense of mysteriousness, wouldn't you agree? the ladies love it." he said, followed by a wink. or a blink, who knows.

that was pretty funny. good job.

"the ladies must be running to the opposite direction."

"ouch, must you be so mean?"

"you are just talented in bringing out that side of me. i'm nice to everyone else."

"you do know i am your superior, right? i can write a bad review on you."

"oh, boohoo. i'll report you for power abuse."

"i do think i'm quite fair. look, i brought you to where you wanted to go."

i was too distracted to realise that we had reached the end of a corridor and was in front of a door. seeing the logo, i felt my blood pressure rise.

"this is–!"

"eat well, little miss recruit."

afterwards, he turned around, snickering uncontrollably. i glared at the nametag on the door. 'kaeya alberich - cavalry captain'. we had, actually, just taken a full circle around the building and ended up back at where we started.

i smiled, turning my hands into fists. his snickering didn't stop, making me increasingly angry as the seconds pass. "captain. kaeya."

he turned around, sticking his tongue out childishly before making a run for it. i followed his actions, taking off immediately. "i'm going to get back at you!"