11 | FREEZE!

― "𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐲, 𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞?" ―

time passed quickly in the domain, it almost felt unreal. my grip on my sword was tight as i approached the mitachurl who was struggling to stand. it roared loudly as soon as it noticed the distance between us decreasing.

my right shoulder throbbed with pain, right where the mitachurl managed to land a hit. the geo shield it carried had been broken a while ago, pieces of it thrown off to the side.

i rolled it slightly, building up my strength for the final blow. end them quickly,' jean had said. i needed to move on. with a deep breath, i braced myself for the final blow. i surged forward with a sudden burst of force, my blade raised above my head. although it attempted to counter, i was too swift for him. i turned around it with a smooth movement, my blade slicing through the air as i delivered a strong blow to its side.

knowing it was finally dead, i dashed to the next part of the domain. we had split into separate groups, one to help the wounded stuck in the bubble, one to fend off the enemies in the domain and one to search for a way out. much to our dismay, the door we came through closed in on itself. it was unusual, but there was no time to ponder about it.

in the distance, i caught sight of some knights and jean already where the wounded were. it seemed to be some sort of gated room. i travelled in that direction, climbing up the ladders and navigating through the walls that resembled a maze.

in the room to my right, i heard a loud curse and sounds of fighting. i rushed in to help and was surprised to see rosaria. from our last encounter, she was helping to find an exit. judging from the bodies on the ground, it seemed there were maybe 3-4 mages in the room, now down to just one left.

i deduced that in the midst of fighting the abyss mage, her polearm must have been smacked out of her hands. the abyss mage took the opportunity to teleport in between her and the weapon.

"rosaria! are you okay?"

she looked up. "i'm fine. don't worry about me." it seemed like she wanted to fight this herself, but the gashing wound on her arm told me i would be insane to leave her in this situation.

"hey!" i touched the tip of my sword on the floor, catching the attention of the enemy. it fell for my trap, immediately teleporting in front of me. in that split second, i kicked rosaria's polearm to her, then crouching down to slide under the mage.

i infused electro into my sword. at the same time, rosaria pointed her cryo-infused polearm in our direction and ran. we swung our weapons simultaneously and landed a powerful strike on the abyss mage. it let out a noise that resembled a scream and fell to the ground.

"thank you,"

a woman of a few words.

i shook my head, "i didn't do anything."

"we should hurry. it seems they have all regathered." rosaria pointed up. she explained that the floating platform was connected to the corridor we were standing in. the two of us immediately made our way to the ladder at the far end.

___

sometimes, i wish i could turn back time.

perhaps i could relive my 8th birthday party where i was surprised with that huge cake i liked.

perhaps i could've ordered another serving of almond tofu.

perhaps i could witness my first ever fireworks show again.