10 | FAIRY OF SHAMPOO

― "𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝." ―

"let's play a game."

"whtag gamef?" i mumbled, chewing on my food.

kaeya grimaced, throwing a napkin at me. "i don't know."

i gave him a 'what the fuck' look, to which he shrugged to. "i'm bored."

"you waste my time."

"you're really rude to your superior, you know? i'll report you to the acting grand master, if you keep this up."

i grabbed another sandwich. "whatever, jean likes me more anyways."

kaeya grabbed the plate of the remaining sandwiches and pulled it closer to him. i glared at the gesture, pulling it back to the middle.

"if i remember correctly, she's not too happy about the little prank you pulled."

"that was meant to be for you! you definitely set me up."

to explain what happened, klee and i had small (definitely not destructive) bomb in front of kaeya's door to prank him.

neither of us knew that jean had visited kaeya to discuss plans with him! the bomb resembled fireworks, only making a small pop! sound to scare whoever it came in contact with.

it just so happened to be jean who exited kaeya's office first, and the receiver of our little surprise.

klee was put in probation and well, i got a small scolding for playing along with klee's tricks.

he shrugged, "you're just bad at planning pranks."

before kaeya could continue what he was saying, huffman, the knight i sparred with in the morning came running to us. "captain kaeya! oh, hello ysabelle."

i gave him a small smile before continuing to take a bite of my sandwich.

kaeya looked at me, "you two have met?"

huffman, still trying to catch his breath, replied before i could, "we sparred earlier today." i nodded along, giving him another smile.

kaeya's eyebrows knitted and mumbled to himself, "i thought i asked jean to take my place."

"captain, i am sorry for disturbing you during your meal. we need your help." at huffman's tone of voice, both of us became alert.

kaeya asked for details, in which the knight explained the situation that had happened at a domain on the outskirts of mondstadt.

"i'll head over immediately. send word to the acting grandmaster." kaeya stood up, dropping some mora on the table to pay for the dinner.

i followed suit, but a hand rose up to stop me.

"you should stay. it could be dangerous."

i rolled my eyes at his words. "seriously? do you remember the number of times i beat you in our spars? i can handle it."

he sighed, knowing i was right. "the monsters in this domain may not be something you have came across before, originating from mondstadt."

huffman had ran off in the direction of the headquarters. i crossed my arms, "what is this, concern? i assure you, captain, that i will fight fine against whatever is in there. now, quit wasting time, we should get there before the gate breaks."
___

"it seems we are late to the party." the blue haired man beside me comments as we reach the gate of the domain.

its smooth surface glimmered in the sunlight, reflecting the world around it in a distorted and almost dreamlike manner. but something was off about it today.