12

― "𝐊𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀!" ―

"shit... who is that?" a young man muttered from behind me as the figure emerged from the shadows, blue light shining from behind it.

all of us stood still as the mist that followed the figure slowly dissipated, showing us its complete form.

"bow before the abyss."

an abyss herald? i had only ever encountered it once, the day my mother died. clad in ornate armor that seems to shift and shimmer like liquid darkness, everyone could sense the aura of otherworldly power and menace. their eyes glowed with an eerie blue light, and their movements are smooth and fluid, as if they were part of the very shadows themselves.

in one smooth movement, the abyss herald rushed towards me with its blade. i held my sword up to defend, but it got slapped away.

i'm gonna die.

"ysabelle!" the others screamed from the surroundings.

i tried to dodge but it seemed to be able to predict my movements, trapping me every chance it gets. the herald kicked me in the gut, sending me flying backwards. suddenly, time seemed to move in slow motion. my eyes fixated on the glowing blue blade flying through the air, menacingly pointed at me.

i'm gonna die.

a wave of blue locks covered my eyes. arms wrapped around my waist and i fell backwards with a loud thud, a weight landing on top of me.

when i exhaled, i felt my mind go clearer, fuzzy from what happened in the last miliseconds. blue locks fanned across my neck and i turned my head to the side in shock.

"...kaeya?"

no response.

"kaeya!"

i sat up slightly, eyes widening when i noticed the blade sticking out of his back, his cape slowly tainting with red. he jumped in front of me.

kaeya's head lifted from my neck slightly, his eyes meeting mine. they were hooded with the usual teasing glimmer unfound. the side of his mouth raised slightly.

"you're okay, pookie."

before i could respond, his eyes closed again, and his body slumped against mine.

"KAEYA!"

.˳⁺⁎˚˚⁎⁺˳ʚ♡ɞ˚.˳⁺⁎˚˚⁎⁺˳ .

dang rip kaeya (happy april fools!)