2 | HOTTER THAN A RED BEAN PANCAKE

― "𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝕯𝖎𝖑𝖚𝖈 𝕽𝖆𝖌𝖓𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖗." ―

"you are..."

the young man in front of me held out his hand to grab the bag that fell with little to no energy at all. damn, he was hotter than my red bean pancake.

his fiery red hair is the first thing that catches the eye. it is a bright and vibrant shade of red, with hints of orange and copper that catch the light and make it shimmer. the hair is long and flows down in loose waves, framing his face and adding to his ethereal appearance. the fiery locks contrasted beautifully with his pale skin, giving him a unique and captivating look.

what was truly mesmerizing about him were his red eyes. they glinted like jewels in the light, shimmering like rubies. they were so bright that they almost seemed to glow, like two miniature suns in his face. the deep red color was both alluring and eerie, as if he was seeing the world through a different lens than everyone else.

who could forget those eyes?

his red eyes held no expression, nor recognition. as a gust of wind brushed through the city, his vermillion hair followed suit. he took a small nod and placed the bag back into my hands, which were still frozen in place.

"i'm your guide. i will be bringing you to mondstadt today." his voice was velvety, drowned with poise and respect. there was no doubt he was a real gentleman.

diluc ragnvindr.

just as i thought this, an image ran through my head. an image from many, many months ago, or was it close to a year? he was the owner of a popular tavern in mondstadt, one i frequented when i stayed near the area for a mission.

i stared at him blankly as he continued to speak, however, none of his words was entering my ears. i turn flustered at the sudden image, waving at the air to get rid of it.

diluc watched me like i was crazy. "what are you doing?"

"nothing! nothing. ah yes, when do we leave?"

in more ways than one, i was much relieved he didn't recognize me or even forgotten me. it would save me the embarrassment. i'll be seeing more of him after my move to mondstadt after all.

"we leave right now."

he turned his back to walk in the opposite direction and i followed suit, not before blowing another kiss to the old lady. she winked again in response, giving me a thumbs up.

if only she knew we already had history.

he carefully opened the door of the small carriage, gesturing for me to enter. along the way, he offered to hold my luggage. i said offered, but he didn't really give me a choice as he snatched it out of my hands.

"you shouldn't hold heavy things." he muttered softly, nearly making me choke at what he said. what a respectable man. i smiled, perhaps he would be tolerable to be around.

i frowned as the carriage left the main gates. sure, i said i'll visit, but i'll miss waking up here every day and hearing the similar chirp of birds intertwined with the bustling marketplace.

i snapped my eyes to him after staring at the scenery for god knows how long. the air in the space was fairly awkward, though perhaps that may just be me.

as i sat across from the gentleman, memories from long ago began to flood back into my mind. memories that had been forgotten, buried deep beneath the layers of time. it was like a veil had been lifted, revealing a part of my life that I had thought was lost forever.

it seemed he did not wish to speak of the past. that is understandable, after all.

the memories were vivid, yet blurry at the same time. they were like snapshots from a different time, a different life. i recalled a sense of joy and excitement that i had once felt, but that had faded away with the passing years.

my last memory of him.. with him.. it did not end well.

diluc sat with his arms and legs crossed with his eyes closed. he did look quite tired, evident from the faint circles around his eyes.

feeling bad for what he had done for me today, i chose to not bother him, falling into a nap as well. i'll ask for his name later, as to not raise any suspicions.

i needed a fresh start, especially after what happened in liyue.

"wake up. we have arrived."

i groaned as i felt a harsh shake on my shoulder. nearly spewing out a curse, i managed to stop myself when i made eye contact with bright crimson eyes.

not even able to hold contact for longer than a few seconds, i quickly grabbed my bag and took his hand. as he allowed me to use him as a stabiliser while i hopped off the carriage, he walked to the back in order to grab the luggage.

taking this as the perfect moment, i made myself seem as innocent and friendly as possible.

"what is your name? i'd like to thank you properly."

i felt the awkwardness rise within me, feeling weirded out myself that i was asking a question i knew the answer to.

this is for a fresh introduction, ysabelle. shut up.

he didn't hear me, or i suspect he even ignored me after i catch the small tug to his lips after my question.

he placed the large piece of luggage beside my feet. in the midst of standing back up, the red haired man leaned close to my ear.

i shuddered as his deep voice echoed in a whisper.

"diluc. diluc ragnvindr."

i held my hand out, "pleased to meet you, diluc."

"likewise."

something about him felt different. sure, it had been a while and our last interaction was not exactly pleasant, but this invisible wall between us felt too concrete to be true. did he truly not remember me?

.˳⁺⁎˚˚⁎⁺˳ .˚ʚ♡ɞ˚.˳⁺⁎˚˚⁎⁺˳ .

look at my little baby boy ugh I LOVE HIMMM