8 | OH LISA YOU'RE SO FINE (so fine you blow my mind)

― "𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖆, 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭?" ―

"shit, i'm late."

i rushed around my room, throwing the stuff i'll need for the day into my bag. i had 10 minutes to spare before my sparring training with kaeya. i tied my hair up messily, wrapping the ribbon i always used around to cover the hairband.

i was thankful i checked where the training grounds were yesterday, saving me some time. when i reached the place, i was relieved to see that kaeya had yet to reach.

"you're late."

i screamed in surprise, turning around to find the source of the whisper in my ear. my ponytail whipped across kaeya's face, him closing his eyes on time right before it touched. a laugh sputtered out of me. 

"sorry, are you okay?"

he blinked (winked?), immediately standing up straight again. "ouch, what on earth do you eat? i felt like i got hit by a sack of rocks."

"don't exaggerate. you scared me. also," i waved my watch in front of him, "it's 1 minute to 8. i'm not late."

he walked ahead, waving his hand. "yeah, whatever. i'll let you off today." he threw me a wooden sparring sword, which i caught with ease. he did a fancy motion, entering a fighting stance. "now, let's see whether the new recruit lives up to her name as the best swordmaster in liyue."

i dropped my bag to the side, walking towards the center. "you're on."

__

training took about three hours. kaeya was a great sword wielder, his moves did not seem to be like the usual mondstadt style i came across before. it was foreign, and refreshing. we were able to learn from each other.

i took a sip of water, wiping my sweat with a towel i brought. "you're not bad."

kaeya followed suit, sitting down beside me. "not too bad yourself. your sword doesn't compare to your hair though, maybe you should change your weapon of choice. a hillichurl would run at the sight of it."

i let out a deadpanned laugh. "funny."

after the rest, we went back to our quarters to change and met up again at the library. at the entrance, i bumped into lisa.

"lisa!"

"hi cutie. did you enjoy the festival last night?"

i nodded, "very. the fireworks show was beautiful."

lisa placed a book back on the shelf. "it really was. it gets better every year. i was surprised there was a show in the late hours of the night, it usually ends with 3 rounds."

"oh? i thought it was an extra show for the 10th anniversary." at least, that's what kaeya said.

lisa looked at me confused. "who told you that? usually, there are only three shows, as per tradition. perhaps they would like to break tradition this year as the start of a new decade. who knows? after all, no one is complaining."

"lisa, stealing the attention of my recruit?"

the teasing voice that never failed to annoyed me perked up within the books. kaeya pushed one to the side, exposing his smile through the gap of the bookshelf. "i was looking everywhere for you. grab whatever book that's interesting to you and i'll see you downstairs."

lisa smiled, "here, i have a good one. it's one of the first ones i read when i came to mondstadt." i returned the smile back, "thanks lisa. i'll see you later."

we waved goodbye to each other and she returned to rearranging the bookshelves. as i made my way downstairs, i caught side of the blue-haired captain sitting at a far table. i gaped at the number of books beside him.

"you want me to read...all that?"

"of course not, why else would i bring these here? to dust them?"

i scoffed at his sarcastic tone, placing my own book on the table. for the next few hours, i spent most of my time learning about mondstadt's history. kaeya filled in some of the gaps the books did not provide and i tried my best to take in as much as i could. i had an ulterior motive behind this, one i did not and can not reveal to kaeya, of course.

i needed to find information about a curse. a curse that originated from mondstadt many, many centuries ago.

the curse that killed my father.

and the curse that might kill me.

.˳⁺⁎˚˚⁎⁺˳ .˚ʚ♡ɞ˚.˳⁺⁎˚˚⁎⁺˳ .

૮₍ ' ꒳ '₎ა a/n

um hi LMFAOOOOOO IT'S BEEN LIKE TWO YEARS? soo many things have changed since i've last opened wattpad

first off: i'm in uni now!!!!! when covid first struck and we went online, i got into such a bad spot. i was burnt out, stressed about my future and felt super lost. i didnt do very well in school and i was so sure that my final grade would not be good enough to get into a uni i wanted

surely enough i didnt do as well as i wished for my final exams, but i did moderately well after buckling up in the last few months

i got into a decent uni and its already my second semester!! (uni is so hard guys im literally stressed on the daily) i always seem to find distractions whenever im stressed out and when i started this kaeya fic, it was right before my exams in my first year. writing was like an escape for me and i felt happy doing something unrelated to school

i got really really busy and found other hobbies so i barely opened wattpad (i also turned off notifications on my phones because HELLO YALL WERE COMMENTING ABOUT KAEYA'S FAT COCK (i agree!) ANDIT SHOWED UP LOUD AND PROUD ON MY LOCK SCREEN i cant have people seeing those notifs on my phone in public...

i had no idea how much this fic grew while i was gone and after reading through all of your comments i couldnt stop laughing so right now while i am sitting at a cafe (and should be doing my assignment due in two days) i edited the previous chapters and wrote two whole new chapters !! omg who am i ?!?!?

i chose to change some things and i'll briefly type it out here.

- this is no longer an x reader fic. i quite like the idea of having my own character so i've chosen mc's name as ysabelle chrysalis there is not really any meaning behind it but i do love how the name sounds

- i made the fic all lowercase intended because idk i just like it

- we have some serious history with diluc woop woop hes not just another one night stand wink wonk

- updates will probably still be irregular but i think ill be checking in alot more often from now on, pls keep commenting,, the things yall say omg it always makes me laugh

that's all from me!! i hope u guys are doing well pls take care of yourselves <3 drink lots of water and get lots of sleep!! feel free to drop me a dm if u want to chat, i hope u enjoy the chapters u greedy little sluts <3333