3. Getting Along with Toby

"What?" You ask.

"Why. Do. You" he pokes your chest. "Care?" He asks.

"Because. The deal is that you guys fuck with me," you punch him hard in the chest making him grab where you punched him. "And you leave others alone"

"Aww and what? You dont wanna be lonely so you're standing up for him?"

"No. I dont care if Im lonely. I just hate when you motherfuckers break the deal" you say and kick him in his stomach. He falls back grabbing his tummy.

"God..damnit!" He hisses. You walk over to the three new kids.

"Dont let the assholes get to you" you say directly to Toby.

"Uh-..I can p-protect my-myself" he says.

"Eh. You probably could. But. That wont make 'em stop. Nothing can. Kids at this school dont care enough about people like me..you, and those two. Yet they are surprised when we can throw a punch"

"Y-yeah" he nods. His face heats up. You didn't wanna talk to them but you made yourself try to keep Toby from making things worse. You go back to your spot on the bleachers and start to read again.

At lunch. Of course the three new kids were there. Ya know. Same grade same lunch. Anyway, you just sit in your corner of a lunch table just reading. You never really ate the school food cause it just was nasty to you. Others dealt with it, brought their own, or didn't eat.

You were so into your book you didn't even notice the three new kids sitting at the same lunch table as you. Just on the opposite side and opposite end of the table. Which was about 5-ish feet. They whisper to themselves about how they should do their mission.

"So how is she gonna trust us enough to come with us?" Tim asks impatiently.

"L-listen T-Tiim I understand wanting t-to get this o-over-over with and killing some-someone. We cant..n-not yet" Toby says softly.

"Thats rich coming from you mister rogers" Tim hissed slightly, making Toby get mad.

"Oh my god you two shut up. Listen. We cant just come right out and say why we are there. Thats one, crazy dumb, and two, that most likely wont work." Brian said kinda breaking them apart and getting them back on track. "Look, this will be new to all of us because we would normally just grab her and take her but master needs us to take our time with this one. She isnt like 'oh I'm gonna just follow these strange new guys- oh my god it's a demon fairy thing'" He says. "You guys know that. Master told us about it. He knows it's gonna be hard, and we know too."

They nod and all three observe your behavior. One of your main bullies shove you out of your seat and onto the floor. They laugh and go over to Tim Toby and Brian.

"And and who are you three?~" she asks as they sit infront of them. You got up and slump back in your seat.

"New students" Tim says. They swoon over him and Brian. But not over Toby. He didnt seem to care, infact he seem to laugh at the two killers he sat with being flirted with by Highschool girls that just shoved the target to the ground. He leans twords Tim who was next to him.

"I-Ima s-see if I c-can connect with th-the-the target-get" he whispers. Tim nods and looks at Brian. They will pay along to get Toby a bit if time to talk to you. Toby slowly slides over to you as he was the closest to you. "H-hey" he says getting your attention. You look up and at him.

"Oh hey. Whats up?" You ask.

"Y-you ok there?"

"Yup. My bullies just being hoes so" you shrug, unaffected.

"Is that w-wha-what it is?"

"Yup. Yesterday they tried to fuck with me. Not in the mood so I talked back and made things worse with the entire school" you sigh. "Just a few more fucked up months and its done. I can leave" you sigh.

"Is testing coming up?"

"Yeah but I dont have to do that anymore. You see I have a deal with the school to where because I normally get the top of my class they shrug off the fact that I have to do tests. The staff at the school is amazing"

"Heh. Yeah..c-coo-cool"

"So...heh...Im sorry if this is a touchy subject but uh..can I ask what happened to your face?" You ask.

"On-only if I can a-as-ask wh-what happen to yours" he says. You both laugh. You had a scar over your eye and on your cheek.

"Uh. Yeah. Well. My face scars are from when I was younger. My dad"

"W-wow. I..I cant remember when I-I got it or how.." he points to his bandage. "Wanna see it?" He asks jokingly.

"Actually yeah. I do wanna see. If thats ok.." he was surprised. "Heh. Sorry. Thats..weird..I know. I just..I'm just fascinated with scars. I think they are really cool" you say. And then laugh. "I know I'm weird" he laughs to.

"N-no its fine" he undoes his bandage and shows the scar on his cheek.

"Oh bro thats fucking nasty!" You laugh. "Thats fucking awesome. I can see your fuckin teeth. Is it real?" He opens his mouth and sticks his tongue out from the hole in his face. "OH MY GOD EW THATS NASTY!" You laugh. "Put your fucking tongue back in your mouth dude!" You laugh and gently hit his arm. He laughs.

"Y-you asked. W-w-what rather see it lik-like this?" He sticks his finger through the hole and out his mouth.

"OH BRO NO STOP I GET IT ITS FUCKIN REAL" you laugh and punch him again. He laughs taking his finger from his mouth. You fix the bandage and notice he had gloves and his fingers were wrapped in bandages. "What happened to your fingers?"

"O-oh...m-my..anxiety" he says. Hes..unsure but it was a guess

"Oh" you say softly. "Sorry about asking. Do you do it anymore?"

"N-no" he shakes his head.