13. The Prom

Yes you basically hate everything. But you didnt wanna go to prom. You wanted to stay home and do anything else. But no.

...Actually you wanted to stay home and sleep. Thats what you rather do

You sighed and stood up leaving the bathroom.

"Can I borrow one of your boys jackets. I dont like my shoulders showing" you say. Toby immediately takes off his jacket and gives its to you. You thank him and put it on.

Soon you all leave just before it starts. Poppys moms car was big enough for everyone. As it seats 7. Poppy in the front. Tim and Brian in the middle. And you and Toby in the back.

You both awkwardly sit there not talking.

"Y-you look very-very pretty..l-like always" Toby complements trying to break the awkward silence between you two, and only you two.

"Uh...thanks...you..you look pretty good in a suit Toby" you say with a soft smile looking at him. His face was a light red as you made eye contact.

"O-oh u-uh thank you" he smiles.

"So Im guessing you're my date?" You joke.

"OH RIGHT! One of us will have to not have a date" Poppy says. "There is 5 of us"

"Im fine with being alone" You say.

"Yeah but then...gay-" you cut Poppy off. (She isnt homophobic dont worry-)

"Tim and Brian. You and Toby" you shrug.

"Ooo" she mumbles. You chuckle.

"Im fine with being alone" Brian offers.

"So Tim with Poppy and Toby with me?"

"Oooh who says I dont want Toby?" Poppy smirks.

"Because you wouldnt like a dude with a hole in his face" you laugh. Both you and Toby now hugs the head rest of the chair infront of you both. You behind Brian and Toby behind Tim.

"Damn" Toby says jokingly and laughs. He felt kinda hurt from that comment. If hes not good enough for poppy then how would he be good enough for you? To him Poppy isnt better then you but to others..she is.

"Oh its fine. I like weird shit like that" you shrug as Poppys mom drives into the parking lot.

"O-oh" he blushes softly. Once the car stopped, Time and Brian leave the car. Tim helps Poppy out. Toby hops out of the car and offers you his hand. You gently take it and let him help you out of the car.

You five go inside. Brian opening and holding like all the doors. You and Poppy thanked him each time.

Once in the gym it was heald in everyone was dancing, drinking the definitely spiked punch. And definitely having fun. No one stopped to glare or stare..and it was nice.

You all actually had fun. When certain songs would play you would dance with Toby in the corner and just be a dork with him.

A slow song came on.

"Wa-wanna g-go dan-dance?"

"Uh-" you were surprised. You do a little dancy dance. "Sure..?" He chuckles.

"N-no. No. I-I mean dance dance. O-out there" he says. You look over at the dancefloor and hum gently.

"U-uh sure" he gently grabs your hand and pulls you to the middle of the dance floor.

You both try to dance to the music and soon everyone had moved and watched as you both were pretty ok at dancing.

Near the end of the song Toby picks you up by the waist and spins. He drops you a bit having you land just on your feet before spinning and dipping you. You giggled as the song comes to an end. You notice everyone watching.

"U-uh toby..?" He looks around and stands you up.

"Wh-what? Never seen s-someone d-dance before?" He says and twitches again.

"Not two freaks no" says one of the bullies. You sigh and grab Tobys hand.

"Lets go Toby come on.."

"N-no!" He hisses yanking his hand from yours.

"Uh-! Toby-?"

"Th-they have m-messed with you and bu-bullied you for to fuckin long. I-i hate watching it a-as you sit and t-take-take it but when they mess wit-with me you snap back a-at them!"

"Toby Calm down" you say softly. His twitches became worse.

"Ca-calm do-d-dow-down???" He hisses softly.

"Yeah Toby-"

"N-no! I w-wont ca-cal-calm-m down! I-im tired of i-it!" He hisses.

"Uh-! About what Toby?"

"You l-le-letting-ing then bu-bully-bully you!"

"Ha! Thats because shes weak!" A girl laughs.

"N-no! She i-isnt! Y-you a-are-are the weak ones!" You gently grab Tobys arm.

"Calm down!" You hiss and yank him out of the gym. Everyone laughed and ignored what had just happened. You shove Toby against a wall and stand crossing your arms. "Fucking shit Toby! You might hurt someone!"

"I-I dont care!" He twitches.

"Why not Toby?!"

"B-because they dont sh-shut-t-t-shut up and they wont ev-ever-r-r stop! They are treat-treating-i-ing you like youre no-nothing-!!"

"Thats because I am Toby! Im nothing! I dont even think Im human! Toby listen, I dont care if they pick on me!"

"B-but you might k-kill-"

"I would never do that to myself"

"N-not yourself. Them"

"Oh yeah Ill probably become like...a very weird murder that only kills people from their highschool. And I dont care. Just please stop" you say softly.

"f-fine.." He says softly looking down.

"Im gonna go home.." You say softly.

"G-go tell P-pop-poppy and Ill walk-walk-k-k you home" he says. You smile softly. You are use to his bipolar personality but..liked it when he switched from what seemed to be a crazied psycho to a loving friend.

You went and told poppy. You then leave with Toby.

You both just walk and enjoy each others company, you even let him borrow one of your earbuds so you can play music...