𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾 ⋯ ♡ᵎ

"Y/n! Are you ready?"

"Hold on! Wait a minute please.." Y/n roamed around her room as her mother poked her head in from the door frame. "We don't have much time, your brother's flight is coming in two hours, you know how far your house is from the airport!"

"Yes I know— found it! Okay, let's go!" Y/n quickly ran out her house, entering her mother's car. "What were you looking for?" Y/n showed her a small toy dog. "It's B/n's, he told me to keep it because— well actually I don't remember.."

"Ah okay— do you have the flowers? His wedding is tomorrow you know, you can't forget about the flowers. By the way I saw that you have a boyfriend now? That famous volleyball player?" M/n said as she started to drive off onto the highway. "Yeah! We wanted to keep it low for a bit..sorry—"

"You know i'm your mother, you can tell me anything— are you bringing him to the wedding? I would be happy to meet him, bring his family as well. I want to know what type of people they are." Y/n nodded, texting Sakusa.

sakusa :0

hey! i know this is
late notice but my brother
is having his wedding tmr
and my mom wants to meet
you..so are you willing to
come?

mhm, tmr im free
what time?

12!
and she said to invite your
family as well

my family?
i'll ask if they're free as well
but i'll see you there :)

"He's coming, he's asking his parents right now if they want to come—"

"They should, we're basically family, if they don't want to come then it's their fault for not taking the opportunity to meet us." M/n scoffed. The rest of the ride was quiet mostly due to Y/n sleeping, she didn't realize they were at the airport until she heard a loud knock on the window. "Wakey wakey little sis!"

"Wakey wakey big bro.." she yawned, finishing the sentence as the car door opened, feeling herself get brought into a hug. "You're still smaller than me!" laughed, ruffling her hair. "Only by a few inches!"

"B/n, where's your soon to be wife?" their mother asked. "She's coming, she had to go to the bathroom first."

"Your wedding is going to be beautiful! Y/n don't you just love how much your brother achieved? You could do so much better than this Y/n, you could've been a lawyer— your father was a lawyer, your brother is a lawyer. Why can't you be one? At least go for a higher position—"

"Mom, I think Y/n's good at the position she's at right now. It suits her—"

"Well that rack of a home she lives in doesn't suit her, B/n, don't encourage her. She's only going to get worse.." Y/n got into the car, not wanting to hear what else she has to say. "She never listens to me, she's going to end up just like her father. I'm happy you're here B/n, I don't know what i'll do with her."
B/n only sighed, he knew his sister could talk back to their mother but it would only make things worse.

"Sorry for making everyone wait! I'm here!" his fiancé jogged towards the car. "Hello Mrs. L/n! I'm glad to meet you again but in a different position!" M/n smiled at the woman. "I can't wait for you to become my official daughter-in-law! You're so kind, i'm glad you're marrying B/n, the both of you are perfect for each other."

"Thank you! I'm happy as well, excited too! Did Y/n come?"

"She's in the car, she's in her moods. If only that girl would wake up and see what's she's doing wrong." M/n mumbled, going inside the car as B/n went on the drivers side while his fiancé sat next to Y/n. Kimiko, that was her name, she noticed how M/n treated Y/n differently than her brother, she didn't know the reason why.

"Oh B/n, this is yours." Y/n handed him the small toy dog as he chuckled. "I kinda forgot about it! Look 'Miko, dad gave this to me when we went to the fair together with Y/n. Before I moved, I let Y/n hold it because I know if it was dad's she would—"

"Can you be quiet..please?" Y/n mumbled, B/n didn't realize how much she was still hurting even after years, with the constant reminder of how their mother was treating her differently then her brother was heart breaking to her. "Right, sorry—"

"Y/n, you have to suck it up, it's been years since his death, stop acting like the world ended."

-