Black Hearted: Before You Begin

Thank you for opening this book.  I'm so thrilled you are here!

And don't worry - I don't usually do a lot of interrupting with my Author's notes. The story starts on the next page. 

For those of you who have read any of the books in the Ruby Red Romance world, please be aware that this story is a bit different. As you know, my stories tend to skew heavily towards the romance aspect of a love story. Never fear, this is still that type of story. In fact, it may be my most romantic story yet (I look to you for an opinion on it).

However, this book is about Jack Blackhorne. You don't need to have read the original Ruby Red trilogy to enjoy this story, however if you have you already know what I am about to say. Jack is all about power plays and sex.

So before you read on, know that those two elements play a strong role in the tale to come. It is more mature than my other works, it's a stretch out of my comfort zone as a writer and it is a bit of a risk on my part. But I think it's a story worth telling and I hope you enjoy it.

Jack is telling me to stop pussy footing around and get on with his story. Did I also mention he is an arrogant ass?

So without further ado....