Black Hearted: Chapter 44

"Yes, yes." She perched on one hand and dove for his hair with her other. "I'm sorry. Just don't stop."

A long lazy pull on her nipple caused another wave of delight. She felt Jack's smile against her over-heated skin but then all sensation ceased, and she whimpered at the lack of contact.

Warm breath blew against her wet nipple and electricity jolted to her core. "Not even to taste the other one."

She aimed for a witty comeback but her need for his touch drove out all sarcasm, all thought. "Please."

His experienced tongue grazed across her other nipple and those long fingers she adored flittered down her stomach, across her abdomen and between her legs. She bucked at his touch causing his mouth to slide off her breast. "Someone's thirsty."

Tender yet steady circles teased her sensitive spot and Solana felt herself climbing higher and higher like a running up a circle staircase, aiming to burst on to the rooftop.

"That's it sweetheart. Let me take care of you."

His request drifted across her skin, sank into her as his touch intensified. Her body clenched and she cried his name, hitting her peak. Jack caught her collapsing body and held her tight to him as her heartrate returned to a regular rhythm, pressing soft kisses on her shoulder.

The kitchen came into focus, the coffee maker hissed, and Solana hooked her arms around his neck, inhaling the fresh roast scent mixed with everything Jack.

Jack brought his fingers to his mouth and sucked each one. "Now that's what I call breakfast."

She playfully slapped his chest, then pressed a kiss against the spot. "Who says you can't cook?"

Jack moaned with delight and Solana explored his chest with her lips while her hands found the elastic waist of his shorts. Excitement trickled down her spine and her finger tucked between the taut material and his skin, then another and another until her hand hit his erection. A tiny moan escaped from his lips. His hands dove into her hair as she held his warm member, running a thumb along the shaft and over the head, her fingers coming away sticky. She brought them to her mouth and sucked, tasting him. "My turn."

A muscle in his jaw ticked and a wave of anticipation rolled over Solana at the determination in his electric blue eyes. He caught her thigh and dragged her knee over his hip. "Our turn."

Hooking a thumb in his shorts, he wiggled out of them and dragged her to the edge of the counter. Heat and hard muscle met her soft center and the lava pooled in Solana's belly churn with excitement.

A thought forced its way through the lusty hazy as Jack looked into her soul, a vulnerability there for only her to see. She shifted closer, unable to bear any distance between them. "Jack. What happens now?"

"You should know how this works by now." Electric blue eyes tried to read her soul. "What is it?" An unsettled edge laced his words. Trepidation maybe. "Tell me."

She kneaded the back of his neck, working out how to ask. "When we leave this apartment. Do we..." His eyes narrowed and she was pretty sure he held his breath. Instead of asking what she really wanted to know, she pushed past the rock in her throat and aimed for something close. "Can we still see each other?"

"We'll have to keep you out of the spotlight."

The stone dropped sank from her throat, past her heart to the pit of her stomach. Of course. He couldn't be seen with the likes of her. He had a reputation to think of. His mother's necklace that still hung around her neck itched and she moved to unclasp it.

He caught her hand and held her fingers to his chest. Her heart ached at their joined fingers. Why wasn't she good enough?

"Once the paparazzi find out, they'll descend on Ximena's house like the piranha they are." Jack bent to catch her eye, his voice low and comforting. "Don't worry. Wolfe will create a security plan, for her. And Luc." He kissed the tips of her fingers, concern etched in his face. "And you. I'll keep you safe."