Black Hearted: Chapter 4

It had been a long time since Jack had a woman he could tease. Most read his "go" signal and they were off. Specifically, their clothes. In no time whatsoever.

Solana was unique.

"Who's this then?" Draven sneered at Solana, who trudged over to their table, Jack following, appreciating the view.

He'd convinced Draven to return to The Peppermint Stick again tonight. Convince might be too strong a word as the man had been high most of the day and as long as there were women displaying more skin than clothing and plenty of alcohol, preferably both at the same time, Jack was sure Draven would've gone to a back alley in a thunderstorm.

But Jack wanted to come back, a desire he hadn't felt in a long time itched inside him. All to do with the woman who tried to spill drinks on him. The woman who stepped away from him without a care. The woman with the hazel eyes laced in fire.

"Solana will be looking after all our needs tonight." Jack gestured to the woman he hadn't taken to his room last night.

That other woman, red dress aside, had been great packaging, but not much of a package. Sure, she was pliable, willing, only his restraint had stopped them from giving the elevator cameras an exclusive. There was no objection to forgoing the bed in his room and taking her as soon as he withdrew a condom from his pocket in the entryway to his suite. They'd begun with a bang. The problem was he couldn't get to the bang finish.

Face pressed against the wall, she uttered baby this and baby that in a high-pitched voice until he'd stuck his fingers in her mouth to shut her up. Far too fast, he could sense her tightening around his cock, her release coming and his body, although erect and ready, nowhere near that stage. She'd have to wait. His wants were what counted here.

The rare times Jack found himself in a similar situation, he could achieve the desired result by using his imagination. He buried his head in her long black hair and pretended the girl in the red dress was his ex-wife. He ignored the nose full of cheap chemical smelling shampoo and recalled the many occasions he'd been in this same position with Ali. Pictured in his mind her smooth skin grazing against his, her blue eyes twinkling with desire, lips expanding as he spilt into her.

Except, unlike the other times, the vision failed. He couldn't get there, find the surrender he desired. Frustrated, he pushed further and further into the woman, insisting on satisfaction. His body demanded to unleash the tension of the day, the needless wait at the airport for his plane to taxi to the gate, the negotiations on the deal Blackhorne Incorporated required to distribute their newest must have drug that were taking too long to conclude. He needed to feel again, if only for a fleeting moment, freedom. The bliss of the other realm where he was simply a man, not the head of a multi-faceted corporation depending on him to make and take more.

Desperate, Jack tried other memories. Ali on her knees at her parent's golf club with the tantalizing threat of being caught looming on the other side of the door, the backseat of the limo where he knew George could hear her satisfied screams, even in their bed. Nothing worked. He hauled up the memory of the woman he was deep in when Ali walked into his office, the expression of shock on his ex's face. Nada. The maid he'd ravaged in the closet at the Stinson Manor as Ali lingered in the hallway, mere feet away. Nothing moved him over the goal line.

He was about to admit defeat when his mind dredged up the vision of hazel eyes burning as they glared at him. The memory of the server earlier that evening, the woman who spilled her tray of drinks over her crisp white shirt, revealing the thin line of lace cupping her right breast. How he'd like to run his tongue along the red stained line, suck on the alert nipple, offering itself to him.

Little Jack throbbed; the rush of adrenaline hit his veins. Then spiked as his world turned red. With a groan, sweet release exploded from him and Jack found oblivion. He shoved aside the substitute woman and fell into the nearest chair, head logging back, legs splayed, relishing the relief, the freedom, the satisfaction.