they what?!

Jay carefully buckled the seatbelt over his daughter, "keep staying strong for me" he kissed her head then closed the door before running around to his side of the truck.  Tatum sniffled before pulling the blanket over her, she felt ashamed of herself, like she was to blame, like she was a failure for letting this happen to her, but these through we're from the devil them self, she just had a hard time believing it.  Jay hopped into the truck and began driving, he instantly pressed the dashboard buttons and dialled haileys number, fortunately she picked up after three rings.
Hailey: "if you're calling me to spoil the bears game I'm hanging up on you right now" -laughter-
Jay: -tatums quiet chuckles-
Jay: "I need you to meet me at med now, I'm on my way already"
Hailey: "med? Is everything alright?"
Jay: "I promise I'll explain when you get there, and can you call Voight and tell him the same thing too?"
Hailey: "yeah sure, I'm on my way..."
Jay: "thanks hails"
Hailey: "anytime"

                 Tatum laughed a little bit when the calm ended, "just marry her already..." she spoke quietly.  Jay smiled a little, "pulling out jokes during times like this?" He rubbed her arm carefully and laughed slightly.  Tatum smiled to herself, "what can I say? I'm a Halstead..." she coughed at the end of her sentence.  Jays heart melted at that comment, 'she's a Halstead', damn right she is, "you are honey, you definitely are" he brushed the loose strands of hair away from her eyes as she rested against the car window.  He knew she was just trying to lighten the mood a little but his mind was still focused on murdering Peter for what he's done.

                He pulled up outside of med and noticed his daughter was asleep, "hey hun, we're here..." he rubbed her arm slightly, she jumped at his touch which broke his heart, but smiled after doing so and nodded.  He got out of the car and ran around the trunk before making sure the blanket was wrapped around her and carrying her into med, "jay? Tate? One sec I'll page Will, take her to treatment 2" Maggie looked up and pointed to the room closest to them.  Jay smiled thankfully before walking into the treatment room and setting her down on the gurney, "you're gonna be okay" he stroked her hair and sat down as dr Marcel came running into the room.  He looked at jay for an explanation, "she's been beat up, I just wanna make sure she's okay, no internal damage" jay smiled sadly.

                 Dr Marcel smiled sadly, "you did the right thing, okay look at me darling, that's it nice and quick" he nodded at jay then flashed a mini torch into tatums eyes.  Will appeared at the glass door in a panic, jay spotted him and got up to go and explain the situation while Crockett treated his kid.  Will shook his head, "whys she here? Is she okay?" The red head caught his breath back.  Jay took a deep breath, "Peter, Cassies newest boyfriend, beat her up last night. She's covered in bruises from her shoulders down to her ankles, I just wanted to make sure there's nothing serious going on" he rubbed his head.  Will widened his eyes, "abuse? And Cassie knows about this?" He scoffed.  Jay shrugged, "I don't know, we didn't get that far. Tate had a breakdown on the floor, hid the bruises from me all day, she's terrified bless her" he croaked out.

Will nodded, "I'm gonna go see how she's doing, I'll let you know" he shook his head in shock then went to check on his niece. Just then hailey and Hank walked into the waiting room so jay walked out to go explain, "what's going on jay?" Hank nodded worriedly. Jay folded his arms, "Peter beat Tate up last night, she's being checked over now. She's hid the bruises from me all day, broke down about an hour ago" he checked his watch. Hailey and Hanks eyes widened, "abuse? Where's Cassie, does she know about this?" Hank huffed. Jay shrugged, "we didn't get that far, she was too upset" he sighed. Hank nodded, "alright, well I'll call in the unit. We'll find out what's going on" he grabbed his phone and walked away. Hailey smiled sadly at her partner as ha k walked off and the pair sat down.

Jay shook his head, "her body's a mess, bruises everywhere. I never suspected a thing hails..." he covered his mouth in shock, only letting the extent of the situation hit him in this moment. Hailey shook her head, "it's not your fault jay, she was scared, hurt, probably wasn't gonna tell you as soon as she did but all that matters is that she has and we can fix it now" she smiled sadly.  Jay nodded, "I'm gonna kill him" he scoffed, hailey smiled sadly, "Tate needs you right now so don't go doing anything too stupid" she tapped his leg then walked off to go find hank and see where they were.  Jay sighed and rubbed his face, he hates seeing her like this, so helpless and vulnerable.

                 He got up straight away as Will wandered out into the waiting room about 2 minutes later, the red head sat down next to the father, "she's okay, nothing serious. She's got a few bruises ribs but they'll heal on their own, she's finishing off her IV line now and then she's free to go home. You heard from Cassie or anything yet?" He nodded sadly.  Jay smiled thankfully but shook his head weakly, "I've tried ringing her but it goes straight to voice mail, Hanks bringing the team in now" he sighed.  Will nodded, "keep me updated yeah?" He tapped jays arm lightly as the pair stood up.  Jay nodded and smiled sadly as the pair walked back over towards tatums room, who was actually asleep at the moment.

Jay sat down next to her bed and just looked at how peaceful she seemed when she was asleep, luckily she didn't have a hospital gown on, she just had her PJ shorts and one of jays jackets on with a blanket covering her. He frowned after a while, realising the amount of stress and trouble that would be stood in front of them now. One thing he also noticed after a few seconds was the possibility of him gaining full custody over Tatum since Cassie was clearly proving herself incapable of being a parent let alone a good one, that may be the only good outcome of this. He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw Tatum roll over to fall him out of the corner of his eye.

She smiled weakly at him, "can we go home soon?" She spoke barely over a whisper. Jay smiled and nodded as he grabbed her now cold hand, "yeah honey, we can" he tilted his head so he could see her fully. Tatum lost her smile, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you..." she looked away from him but kept a hold of his hand. Jay shook his head, "Tate sweetheart, you've got nothing to be sorry for. You were scared and shook up, this isn't your fault okay? It's peters" he rubbed her hand. Tatum nodded, "Mom was there..." she finally looked at her dad again. Jay sat up straighter, "she was?" He scooted closer to her. Tatum nodded and took a shallow breath, "she didn't even try to help me. I begged her to make him stop but she just stood there watching..." she held her tears back.

Jay placed a hand on her head and smiled sadly, "shhh, it's okay. Neither of them are gonna hurt you again, I promise you that much" he planted a gentle kiss on her hair as she let a few tears roll down her cheek, Tatum nodded and wiped them away as Will walked back into the room, "how you feeling champ?" He smiled and leant on the arm rest of the bed.  Tatum looked up to him and smiled weakly, "a little better..." she shrugged.  Will nodded, "well your drips done so you can go home but it's best if you try not to move around too much, I'm not saying stay on bed rest just take it easy yeah?" He smiled.  Tatum and jay nodded, "mkay" she smiled weakly as jay stood up when hailey waved him out.

                   Hailey closed the door behind jay as he stepped out of the room for a second, "how is she?" She smiled sadly.  Jay smiled, "she's fine, just a few bruises ribs. You guys got anything?" He folded his arms.  Hailey nodded and sighed, "Kevin and Vanessa stopped by Cassies house to arrest them both but they're gone, so are their phones, wallets, ID. Everything important's gone, looks like they've made a runner" she shrugged.  Jay raised his eyebrows, "they what?!" He spoke a little too loudly since he gained the attention of a few nearby nurses.  Hailey placed a hand on his arm, "calm down jay. Hanks put a BOLO out but he wants to do this in house" she nodded weakly.  Jay ran his hands over his face, "I can't believe this, the last thing Tate needs right now is another reason to be scared of him" he groaned and looked into her room to see Will messing around with her.  Just great...