ew!

*one month later*

                 Everything was becoming normal again, apart from the fact that Peter and Cassie were still running around Chicago or hiding out somewhere, which is why Tatum has been placed into jay's full care and lives with him permanently now, she's forever grateful for that.  Of course she's always watching out in case Peter and Cassie are watching her when in public, and jay always picks her up from school, and if he can't Will does or one of the unit members will, just so she isn't walking home alone or back to the district feeling unsafe.  Her bruises were mainly gone too, apart from the ones on her ribs, they were still healing. She was fully back at school now rather than just a few days a week and she was over all feeling better.

Tatum walked into her last lesson of the day and sat down next to Riley, "there's a party on Sunday night if you're interested..." Riley swayed towards her friend. Tatum laughed at her antics but shook her head, "I can't, besides, I kinda wanna stay on good terms with my dad" she smiled. Riley nodded, "have you even had an argument with him yet?" She raised an eyebrow. Tatum shook her head, "no and I'd like to keep it that way" she smiled a little. Riley nodded, "wise" she smirked but the teacher interrupted their conversation with today's work load on stem cells, how boring... At the end of the day they all said goodbye to their biology teacher but he pulled Tatum behind again.

Tatum held her breath but relaxed when she turned back around and saw his smiling face, "look Tate, I know you've had a really tough term and I just want you to know I'm really proud of you. I couldn't ask for anything more, you've changed your work ethic completely and your grades have improved as a result, so once again, I'm really proud of you; and give this to your dad will you?" he nodded and handed her an envelope. Tatum smiled and nodded thankfully, "thanks sir, and I will" she nodded again and accepted the envelope. She smiled before walking back out into the corridor, already noticing her dads truck outside of the school through the glass doors. Tegan walked next to her, "trouble at 3 o clock" the blonde coughed.

Tatum discreetly looked in that direction and saw one of the popular boys who had been flirting with her all month stood waiting for her to walk out of the doors, Tegan snickered to herself as she walked away to get into her mother's car leaving Tatum to walk past her not so secret admirer on her own. Tatum saw jays stares and slight smiles as she walked towards the car but she didn't get far before Jamie called out her name, "Tate...call me later yeah?" He waved over to her as she opened her dads car door. Tatum put her bag on the floor of her dads truck and yelled back, "no thanks!" She shouted and waved to him with a fake smile, jay just looked at her in confusion. Once she closed the door he raised an eyebrow, "who's that? And why are you being sarcastic?" He laughed a little.

Tatum shrugged as he drove away, "some boy, pretty annoying if you ask me" she huffed and raised her eyebrows. Jay nodded slowly, "is he your boyfriend? Because I'll kill him, and then you" he laughed, but he was being deadly serious. Tatum scoffed and pulled a face, "ew! dad no, absolutely not" she shook her head. Jay smiled, "good" he nodded then turned the radio up a bit more. Tatum just laughed to herself, she liked him being overprotective at times. He pulled up to the district, "what's his name?" He looked at her as they got out of the truck. Tatum furrowed her brows at him, "dad, I don't like him. Why'd you wanna know?" She smirked a little. Jay shrugged, "in case I ever need to hunt him down" he opened the door for him. Tatum snickered to herself, "Jamie, he's called Jamie" she shook her head as they waved at trudy and made their way up to the bullpen.

                   As the pair made their way into the bullpen hank walked past Tatum and gave her a fist pump like they usually do before she smiled and nodded at hailey, she then walked into the break room to get on with her homework.  Jay sat down on haileys desk like he always does since they didn't have a case at the minute, just paperwork that they all dreaded.  He didn't say anything but hailey could see that he was working something out in his mind, "what?" She smiled.  Jay looked down at her, "I didn't say anything" he shrugged.  Hailey laughed, "but you're thinking it" she shook her head.  Jay smiled slightly and nodded, "some boy likes Tate" he huffed slightly.  Hailey laughed a little, "is that it? That's what you're worried about?" She raised an eyebrow.  Jay just looked at her in confusion but nodded, hailey laughed to herself, "does she like him back?" She raised her eyebrows.  Jay shook his head, "well then, what're you bothered about?" She put her hands out.