i was scared...

*mothers day*

Today was the day Tatum has been dreading for weeks now, after sleepless nights and hours of overthinking, it's finally here. "Tate! C'mon!" Jay shouted from the bottom of the stairs. She grabbed her school bag and ran down the stairs, "sorry" she smiled weakly and left the house without even blinking an eye at hailey. Once Tatum was in the car, both jay and hailey turned to face each other, "am I imagining things or did she just completely ignore you?" Jay furrowed his brows but hailey nodded, "I think she did, but don't worry about it. If I've done something wrong she'll tell me sooner or later" she smiled and shrugged it off. Jay sighed, he has a pretty good idea at what's going on, but he doesn't want to bring it up with Tatum.

               Both of them joined Tatum in jays truck and brought nothing up about what just happened, the drive to school was awkward.  Tatum said nothing instead she just stared out of the window blankly, hailey didn't want to push in case she had done something wrong but jay kept looking in the rear view mirror to see Tatum picking at her lips almost as if she was nervous about something. 

                "Have a good day" jay spoke as she got out of the car.  She didn't mean to but she kind of ignored him and ran through the school entrance, "well that was odd" hailey frowned.  Jay nodded, "somethings bothering her" he sighed and pulled out of the school drop off zone.  Hailey nodded, she can sense when there's something wrong too.

Unfortunately for Tatum, like every year, the school dedicates related activities to both Mother's Day and Father's Day, so today they were doing things in relation to Mother's Day. There's only a few kids in her class who don't have mother's anymore, she just happens to be one of them. She sat there tapping her desk whilst the other 16 year olds around her continued making art pieces for their mothers, of course they weren't taking it seriously but it's the thought that counts.

"Uh miss, can I pick your brain with something?" She sat up as her art teacher walked past her. The older woman turned around and smiled since she knows that Tatum struggles with this day in particular, "of course, pick away..." she crouched down. Tatum smiled and sat up before taking a deep breath.

"So, let's just say hypothetically, if a kids dad was dating a woman and the kid didn't have a mom anymore, could the kid ask the woman to be her mother? If that makes any sense at all..." Tatum furrowed her brows at the way she asked her own question. The teacher smiled, "well hypothetically... yes, I mean it wouldn't go through a court case like guardianship does, but by all means the kid could, yeah" she nodded. Tatum smiled back, "you're thinking about it aren't you?" The older woman added. Tatum looked down and smiled, "I have been for the last few months yeah..." she laughed a little bit.

"You wanna hear my advice?" Her teacher smiled. Tatum looked up and smiled back, "please..." she laughed. Her teacher smiled, "I say go for it, if you really like her and you know your dad would be happy with it, then there's nothing stopping you" she squeezed the kids hand. Tatum smiled, "thanks miss" she nodded truthfully, that really helped. The teacher smiled, "oh miss, and how exactly do I ask her?" Tatum stopped her before she could walk away. The older woman thought about it, "how about a letter and a box of chocolates? Or we can sort something out in here?" She opposed.

"I wouldn't know where to start..." Tatum started but the cut her off, "I'll help you, c'mon" the woman smiled and waved her over to her desk as she returned to it. Tatum smiled and done as she signalled for, this is why Miss brown is her favourite...