who'd you think?

The next day flew by and Tatum woke up to the amazing news that she was being let out. She was given her own clothes and phone back along with her belongings before she was lead outside with the crowd she came in with. She scanned the people waiting around and eventually found her dad and hailey stood looking for her too. She smiled to herself and ran straight towards him, "woah" he laughed as she leapt into his arms, also managing to wrap one of her arms around hailey too which made them both stumble backwards.  She tightened her grip around their necks, "you're okay Tate..." he laughed again.  Tatum finally jumped down and smiled, "get me out of here" she laughed. 

                    Back at home they ordered pizza for lunch and put a film on so they could relax, Tatum sat in the middle of them and just enjoyed the company as if she hadn't seen anyone in years.  Jay just smiled at hailey every so often, half of the time he was just glad they were both safe but the rest of the time it was just a reminder that he had them both in his life, "I'll be back in a sec" Tate jumped off the couch then bolted upstairs.  The adults just watched her as she ran off, "someone's happy" hailey laughed.  Jay laughed and nodded too, "clearly" he held his arm out so hailey could move into the side of him for a hug.

                  They were sat downstairs for half an hour and Tatum still wasn't downstairs, "a second she said" jay laughed and brushed his hand across hailey hair.  Hailey laughed, "she's probably preoccupied" she shook her head.  The pair were sat in silence watching the film still for a few more seconds when they heard singing coming from upstairs, "who's that?" Hailey looked up at her boyfriend.  Jay smiled, "who'd you think?" He laughed.  Hailey sat up and faced him fully, "you should get her into one of those musical theatre groups, my goddaughters in one. I'm pretty sure they've had people leave and get into musicals from it" she smiled.  Jay nodded, "yeah, I'll have to mention it to her" he smiled.  Their chat was interrupted by Tatum running downstairs again.

                     "Boo" she jumped over the couch and landed next to hailey, she didn't want to split the couple up so she just slid onto the floor.  Jay smiled, "I'm surprised the neighbours can't hear you" he ruffed up his daughter's hair. She looked up and back to see him, "huh?" She smiled. He laughed, "you singing all the time, I'm surprised they haven't heard it all" he shook his head as hailey laughed a little. Tatum smiled, "they're getting free shows, they shouldn't be complaining" she shrugged. Jay nodded, "how about we find a theatre group for you?" He opposed Haileys idea. Tatum turned around, "yeah?" She smiled. Hailey nodded, "yeah, you'd be great. They do shows and everything" she smiled. Tatum smiled, "that sounds cool" she rested her chin on the couch.

                   Jay smiled, "so what'd you say?" He raised an eyebrow.  Tatum nodded, "yeah, I'll do it" she smiled back.  Hailey looked up at jay, "I'll message the group tomorrow" she nodded.  Jay smiled and nodded back, "perfect" he planted a kiss on her forehead.  Tatum groaned, "ugh gross" she laughed a little then turned the finished film off so she could put Hamilton on the TV instead.  Jay and hailey laughed at each other, they really did get lucky in life.

Later that night they were playing board games and joking around when tatums phone pinged, she viewed the screen and snickered to herself but soon covered up her amusement when jays head snapped up, "what's so funny?" He raised an eyebrow. Tatum shook her head and put her phone behind her, "nothing" she smirked a little. Jay tried to grab her phone from her, "tell me" he smirked a little. Tatum shook her head and stood up with her phone, "never" she backed away. Jay stood up, "give it to me" he moved around the other side of the couch to get her. They ended up laughing around and trying to dodge each other from the opposite ends of the couch, "Tatum halstead get here right now" he laughed. She saw a chance to run so she took it.

Jay ran after her but he's a lot quicker than her so he caught her easily, he picked her up backwards and threw her over his shoulder before carrying her back to the floor where hailey was just sat laughing, "dadddd..." she twined. Jay sat down with her still over his shoulder, "let me see them I'll put you down" he made a deal. Tatum shook her head and laughed, "noooo" she laughed again. Jay sighed, "fine then..." he used the tickling method. She soon wriggled out of his grasp and dropped her phone in the process leaving jay to pick it up. She jumped up to her feet as jay stood up and held her phone up high where she couldn't reach it.

He viewed the Home Screen and saw the messages from that Jamie he was introduced to a few months ago, "Jamie huh? What's he saying?" He looked down at Tatum who was trying to climb up him to grab her phone back. Tatum smirked, "nothing for you" she shrugged. Jay raised and eyebrow, "you're not dating him are you?" He tilted his head. Tatum shook her head, "no! Ew dad you know I don't like him" she screwed up her face and stopped reaching up for her phone at that remark. Jay nodded, "so what does he want?" He huffed. Tatum laughed, "he wants me to call him" she snickered. Jay shook his head, "not a chance, there'll be no boyfriends in this house until you're 25" he passed her phone back down to her. Hailey laughed, "18 at least dad" Tatum begged. Jay huffed, "35" he got higher. Tatum laughed then ran back over to hailey so they could continue their game.