please don't leave me

The next morning jay finally arrived back at med, he had spent all night working to get Peter and Cassie in jail and it paid off, they're just waiting for their date hearings before being sent off to prison, hopefully for life. He hadn't slept at all but he didn't care about that, all he cared about was Tatum and her safety which right now was looking pretty good. He had been kept in the loop by Will but from his constant updates it didn't seem like he missed much, according to Will after he left last night Tatum had a chat with dr charles and then she slept, and she's still asleep now...

                  He walked into tatums room trying his best not to look too tired and smiled when he saw her still sleeping, Will sat next to her too, also looking like death.  He nodded and sat down next to him, "she's ready to go when she wakes up, everything's looking normal" the red head nodded happily.  Jay smiled, "they're both in lock up, they're still waiting to hear about court hearing but they'll be doing a minimum of 20 years at least" he nodded and sighed deeply.  Will nodded, "only 20? It should be life" he scoffed quietly, being careful not to wake Tatum up.  Jay nodded, "I know but the laws the law" he rolled his eyes but the pair were interrupted by the shuffling of sheets and Tatum rolling over to face them.

Tatum furrowed her brows at the pair, "it looks like the grim reaper took one look at you both then ran the other way..." she groggily laughed. Jay smiled and will, "gee thanks, how kind of you" he laughed a little but Will was already laughing. The pair sat up as Tatum yawned, "I wanna go home..." she looked at them hopefully. Will nodded, "well the sooner you wake up and get changed the sooner you can go home" he smirked. Tatum automatically jumped out of the bed and ran over to her clothes before grabbing them and running into the bathroom to change. Jay just laughed, "she hates this place" he shook his head. Will nodded, "well I wonder where she gets that from..." he shook his head sarcastically. Jay just smirked and huffed as Tatum ran out of the bathroom, it didn't even take her 5 minutes to change.

Will had agreed to stop by for dinner later since he needed to go home and catch up on sleep whereas hailey and the team were also catching up on their well deserved rest. The small family however was now walking into the house, "I'm so tired..." Tatum yawned. Jay smiled and put his coat on the counter, "me too tink, me too" he nodded and yawned back. Tatum smiled, "I think imma go sleep..." she could barely keep her eyes open. Jay nodded, "I won't be long after you" he laughed slightly but he too was exhausted. Tatum threw on some fresh PJ's and got into bed but the memories were flooding back now...

Jay on the other hand went into his room to throw on some sweatpants and a t shirt before going to check on Tatum, when he got to her room he saw her tucked up under the covers, "Come get me if you need any..." he started as he leant down and planted a caring kiss on her forehead but her head shakes cut him off, "please don't leave me" she grabbed his hand in fear.  Jay looked down at her terrified expression, he's seen that look far too many times before, "okay, it's okay. I'll stay. You're alright, we found them hun, they're never gonna hurt you again" he laid down and pulled her close.  Tatum relaxed into his care as he protectively held her, "I've got you..." he rested his chin on her head.  It wasn't long before Tatum had fallen asleep and it wasn't much longer after she did, that jay fell asleep too.  Both of them too tired to even function...

Later that day it was now around 5:30pm when Tatum finally woke up, but from her dads snores coming from behind her, she assumed he was still asleep. She somehow managed to unravel herself from his arms without waking him up, probably because he's exhausted, and walked out of her room silently before going to the bathroom.  She paused outside of the bathroom, remembering what happened in there and completely froze, not being able to move or anything.  She was dying to use to loo however so she forced herself to go inside, trying her best not to look at the bathtub as she did what she needed to do, then ran out of the room as if there was a demon following her.  To her there was, now whenever she goes into the bathroom the memories will haunt her, but she can't just not use that room so she'll just have to fight past it.

About an hour later, jay woke up to the sound of voices coming from the living room downstairs. He looked around to see that his daughter was gone but figured she'd just woken up before him. He walked into his room to put some jeans and a fresh shirt on before wandering down the stairs to see Will sat on the couch with Tatum sitting upside down next to him. He smiled at the sight then walked over to sit in the middle of them, poking Tatum in the side as he did so which made her squirm since she's ticklish. Will nodded, "nice of you to join us" he laughed as Tatum giggled, her head hanging off the seat part of the couch and her legs against the back part.

                   They watched a film and ate pizza for what felt like eternity when Tatum sat up and looked over to the nearest window, jay and will noticed her move, "what is it?" Jay looked over to the direction she was attracted to.  Tatum furrowed her brows, "how did he get in...?" she spoke bluntly.  Jay looked at Will with a dreaded glare, "he used a crow bar on the back door hun but you don't need to worry about it. He's never coming near you again" he moved the hair that was in her face behind her.  Tatum nodded then fully sat up, "good" she smiled weakly then moved so she was sat in between the pair.  Will smiled at his brother who still had a sad glare in his face, not for long though.  Tatum reached her hands up to jays face and formed a smile with her fingers, jay fully smiled and looked down at her as she turned her attention back to the TV.   Now jay finally smiled at Will, hopefully this was the end of this madness...