𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ❧ 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓭𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

I think

I think... it's time... to let go... baby...

[THIRD POV]

The heartbreaking laid still inside of the ripped envelope. Kenma held it close to him as his hands shook.

Days and days went by, and (Y/N) still did not wake up. 

The doctors believed this would be her state for the long term now; though, due to Kenma's begging, they kept her in the hospital and treated her if she ever woke up. 

If. 

If had two letters, but it would change the world in a matter of seconds.

Kenma sat on the chair, looking out of the window as the snow fell. It was now winter time; how Kenma wished for (Y/N) to wake up and see the beautiful snow. 

He was seated in her hospital room, as always, and he waited for (Y/N) every single day.

He missed her deeply, feeling empty without her. He missed her voice, her scent, her looks.

Everything...

During the day, he'd watch over her condition, making sure she was stabilized. Her breathing had only gotten worse though, by the minute, at one point, Kenma had to be manhandled out because he wouldn't leave (Y/N)'s side.

This hospital itself was something he hated with all his heart. He remembered when Kuroo was laying on the bed in the same exact condition.

How Kuroo died within minutes when arriving; at least he wasn't suffering in a coma.

During the night, Kenma would set his chair near her bed, falling asleep as he held her hand. It was cold, like it was dead almost.

Kenma would talk to her before he'd sleep, telling her about what they would do together when they woke up. He spent hours just openly fantasizing about their future- 

How (Y/N) was his future. 

He told (Y/N) stories about Kuroo, how they grew up together, how they were practically brothers until he died.

How he was the foundation of the Nekoma gang.

Kenma told her all of these, in hopes that she would wake up. 

But she didn't.

A few more days passed, and something had come up that wasn't the usual.