seventeen

Written on 12/5/21, WC: 1416

[ 2nd Person POV ]

"The damned spider demon? Unfortunately so," Sebastian responded. Ciel frowned, walking towards the exoterra that contained the tarantula. He squinted his eye, trying to find it in the dark lighting.

As if knowing that Ciel was coming, the curly hair tarantula turned to face him, all eight of its eyes fixated on him. It raised a front leg, waving, as if to say; Hello, remember me?

Ciel shuddered. Though the confrontation between him and the spider demon's master had been years ago, the event still remained fresh in his mind. Perhaps even for eternity. It's not everyday he almost get killed by someone who was obsessed with him and almost get bonded to them against his will.

The tarantula had dark raven hair, much like Sebastian. Its eight eyes glinted a light shade of yellow, resembling the speckle of gold under the chandelier during a ball. Accurate enough, Ciel thought to himself.

A small ball of yellow jumped out from behind the much larger tarantula, landing on the latter's abdomen. It was another spider!

Much like an excited child, it wiggled happily upon seeing Ciel and ran towards the wall of the exoterra that separated them. Ciel flinched back in surprise, almost falling backwards, only to be caught by his butler. Sebastian chuckled playfully, "What's the matter, Young Master?"

Ciel composed himself and get out of Sebastian's grip, glaring at the exoterra in disgust. "There's another spider in there," He replied. Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

Sebastian bent down to the exoterra's level, looking into it curiously. He spotted the smaller spider, its eight blue eyes staring back at him with excitement. Sebastian sighed defeatedly.

"I'm afraid that is Earl Trancy-"

"WHAT?" Ciel yelled, flinching slightly at his voice echoing within the bedroom. You had forgotten to mention that the rooms were soundproof and echoed. Oops.

The Undertaker giggled and soon broke out into full-blown laughter, "HAHAHA!"

The full-blown grin on his face, needless to say, did not earn much of a reaction from the Master-and-Butler pair. They were used to it.

Ciel rubbed his temples, slowly exhaling in annoyance. "Why are they here..."

Sebastian looked at the Undertaker oddly. He had realised that the reaper was the only one in their entire 'group' of sorts, that hadn't been rescued by you. Noticing his gaze, the Undertaker's laughs slowly subsided. Still on the floor between peals of laughter, he gave Sebastian a lopsided grin, "Something the matter, Mr. Butler?"

Sebastian nodded, "Yes, actually."

"Go on," Ciel encouraged, intrigued in his butler's sudden observation. If Sebastian had an inkling about something, then it would prove useful; something Ciel had noticed after years of having Sebastian around.

"Did you have something to do with all of us being transported... Here?"

"Huh?" The Undertaker replied instantaneously, looking at the butler with a baffled look. He waved his arms around rapidly, the long sleeves of his coat resembling a bird in mid-air. "No, No!" He chuckled, leaning against the wall for support. He sighed, "I'm flattered that you think so highly of me to think I'm capable," He cracked a smile at that. "But, I'm a victim as much as you are."