Chapter Eighteen: Veritas Numquam Perit

(Lincoln's POV)

I felt like I could finally breathe the second my feet hit the pavement. I felt free.

"Before we part ways, how about we all go for something to eat?" Mother suggested.

"I think that's a great idea." Priscilla said, latching herself onto my arm.

"I would rather jump off the office building." I said, roughly pushing her off me and walking away.

I grabbed my bags and hurried out to the pickup area where Tony was waiting. Once in the car, I sunk down in the seat and closed my eyes.

"Glad to have you back, sir."

"Tony, if I ever agree to something like this again please shoot me."

He chuckled. "Better or worse than Christmas of last year?"

"Worse. So much f*cking worse." I groaned.

"Where to, sir?"

I checked my watch.

I wanted to go see Amaryllis. I felt like I needed to see someone I didn't want to murder. However, I also wanted to go home, shower, and eat. I also wanted to go check on things at the office.

I rattled off the address to the flower shop.

"A flower shop, sir?"

I sighed and decided to tell him. I knew I could trust him.

"My....girlfriend's shop."

"Girlfriend?" He asked, a look of shock on his face.

"Yeah. We haven't been dating very long and if my mother found out....."

"I understand. Your secret is safe with me. Does Vick know?"

"Him and Julie know."

I gave him the basics and pretty soon we were there.

"Do I wait on you?"

"No, you can go home."

"Alright. Have a nice night."

"You too."

I walked inside with my bags in hand and flipped her open sign to closed. She was, like usual, working on something with her back towards me.

"Just a minute." She said.

Just hearing her voice was enough to wash every ounce of stress I had away.

"Take your time." I said, causing her to freeze.

She spun around and a big smile broke out on her face. She rounded the counter and rushed towards me, nearly knocking me down when she reached me.

"I missed you." She said, wrapping her arms around me and burying her face in my chest.

"Oh you have no idea how much I missed you." I said, hugging her back.

"Shop is open a few hours, but then we can get something to eat."

"You're closed now." I said, pointing to the sign I moved. "I'm.....officially renting your space for the remainder of the day."

She laughed. "Alright then. How about we-"

She didn't get to finish her sentence.

Why?

Because I kissed her.

She was surprised at first, but then started kissing me back. My hands tangled in her hair as I anchored her to me, not wanting to let any space get between us.