Chapter Five: Disce Pati

A/N:

In case you haven't noticed yet......

The quotes attacked to each chapter ⬆️⬆️ are Latin. Each chapter with have a Latin quote associated with it.

Why?

Because.....I wanted too.

Enjoy!!!

-B.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Lincoln's POV)

The second I step foot in the office was the second I regretted it and the second I got pissed.

Why?

Frank was sitting in my chair at my desk.

"This is a very comfy chair you have."

"I suggest you remove yourself from it and tell me why you are here."

"I wanted to speak to you." He said, standing up and walking around my desk.

"And you knew I'd be here?"

"Where else would you be? You got back from your business trip and came straight here. You're a creature of habit. A workaholic."

I rolled my eyes as I took off my jacket and sat down.

"Tell me what you want before I have you escorted out."

He sighed and took a seat across from me. "You haven't been answering calls or texts from anyone."

"That's not true. I answered Gabby's calls."

"You haven't been answering family calls."

"Family? Is that what you are? I wasn't aware. Must've missed that email."

"Seriously Lincoln. Your mother and I have been married for a while now. I've known you since you were a baby."

"Doesn't make you family. You have one more minute to tell me what you want."

"The....Cabot arrangement."

"What about it?"

"We really need it go through. It would bring in a lot more money and open a lot more doors in the world of business."

"You've already got Landen to agree. Why do you need me?"

"He is Landen Rockwell, but you are THE Lincoln Rockwell. Your name attached to things is a bigger deal than anyone else's."

"I am the prized cow so to speak. I bring in more than anyone else."

"Exactly. Now you're getting it. When you are on the cover of a newspaper or magazine or article it sells and gets more views than anyone else's. You marrying the youngest Cabot daughter will do wondrous things for a lot of people."

I opened my mouth to respond when he stood up and pulled a large envelope from his inside his coat. He laid it down in front of me and gave me a smile.