Chapter Twenty-Two: Nemo Malus Felix

A/N:

Better if I say sorry before you read it? 😬😬😬

Enjoy!!

-B.

~~~~~~~~~~~
(Lincoln's POV)

"How's it going?"

"Suspiciously quiet."

"That can't be good."

"Why do you think I said suspiciously?"

"Point taken. You haven't spoke to any of them?"

"Julie, but you know how she is. She doesn't care about anything of that shit. She has her own business and her own money."

"Did you ask her about the others?"

"I did."

"And?" Vick asked, plopping down on the sofa.

I sighed. "And she said they are....happily and peacefully packing their belongings."

"That's gotta be f*cking bullshit. Happily? For f*cks sake. What's that thing you always say about them?"

"Nemo malus felix."
(No evil is happy.)

"Yeah. How's your girl doing?"

"Good. Her and her parents are slowly beginning to pack their house up. They still feel a bit weird about moving into a mansion, but they're also a bit excited."

"They get everything settled debt wise?"

I nodded. "The money hit their accounts and I helped them start mailing out checks and making phone calls. They are officially debt free. Amaryllis has given herself the week off in celebration."

"Good."

"Yeah. Her and Percy are still staying with her parents too."

"And you?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "I've stayed there the past four nights."

"Ohhh." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I shook my head. "It's only because I don't trust my family. I don't think they know about her or her parents, but I'm not risking it."

The cops that I have watching my family have said that they haven't done anything too out of character. They said they're packing their belongings like Julie said, but they're doing it at a slow pace. Them actually packing and doing it peacefully is what has me on edge. With only a few days left until their week is up, I am not letting my guard down yet. Not one bit.

I would like to say that none of them would do any bodily harm to Amaryllis or her parents, but I can't. I wanted to send one of the security guards I use when doing business out of the county to guard Amaryllis, but she told me no. She said she wouldn't be comfortable with it.

That's where my friends in high places from into play. I have hired some....trained individuals to watch over her from afar. They're trained to stay out of sight. I will deal with the repercussions if she finds out, but until then I will have some peace of mind.

Losing her or her losing her parents over something stupid like money and house isn't something I could handle. Not when she means so much to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Amaryllis's POV)