Appointment

Another thing I realized as I sat on the tan wooden floor; I needed to go to the dentist. Two weeks ago, in Brooklyn, I made an appointment to get my wisdom teeth extracted.

I needed to get that done.

The pain in my mouth was set as a reminder. When I was bitching every second, the adrenaline distracted me from the pain but now; I was alone with my thoughts and they weren't distracting enough.

Except, I didn't do anything about it until I woke up the next morning.

I got showered, dressed, and made myself presentable before I opened the door. Luca was standing there, laughing on the phone. When he saw me, he said his goodbyes, ending it.

"Well, good morning, il Tesoro," he grinned, "I haven't seen you in forever."

I wanted to mouth off, although this man hadn't done anything to me, besides snitch on me to Vincent yesterday, I figured if I was about to ask for something, I needed to kiss up.

"I need to see Vincent," I told him, using all of my politeness.

"Vincent?" He repeated, "did he say you could call him that?"

"Yes," I shook my head in agreement.

"Mmhm," he hummed, not sounding too convinced, "alright, follow me," he nodded, walking down the hallway and down the stairs.

He took me past the living room and kitchen, down this hallway, and to this door. When he opened it, it led to an outdoor, enclosed, pool area.

It was beautiful, the water a beautiful blue aquamarine color.

"Don Montivani," Luca addressed, bringing my attention over to the table.

At a seat was Vincent, Dante sitting across. They were drinking some alcohol that I didn't recognize.

This early?

Or did I sleep in late?"Si?" He turned around, his eyes landing on me, a grin stretching over his lips.

"She requested to see you," Luca nodded to me.

Why did he word it like that? I wanted to throw him in the pool. My God!

"Miss me already, cara?" he questioned.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

I was here on a mission! My attitude couldn't ruin it!

"If it makes you feel better, sure," I shrugged.

He chuckled to himself, taking a sip of his drink.

"Come sit, cara," he pointed to the seat.

Butterflies formed in my stomach. I doubt he meant it in any other way but hearing an attractive man tell me to sit at a table which he was at made me all flustered.

I did as he asked, Luca silently leaving. Dante nodded in my direction.

"Good morning," he started, "how did you sleep?"

"Fine," I politely answered, "you?"

"Great, grazie," he smiled to himself, "want a drink?"

"What is it?" I questioned, peering at the light liquid.

"Malvasia, a wine," he answered, "try it."

Before I could take Dante's cup, Vincent pushed his over to me.

"Drink it, bella," he instructed.

I blinked, looking between the two cups.

Honestly, I needed Vincent's permission to go to the dentist. I should stay to that. That I needed to make peace with him so I could get my way.