Flights and Fights

What the actual fuck? Not a single word from him in over a month and they just pop up out of nowhere?

Wait, no Alexis, take a step back. Evaluate the situation.

Dad didn't even mention Vincent. He didn't mention Dante. All he mentioned was Luca. I had no right to be angry. It was misplaced. I think I was just frustrated. Recently, I've been more in tune with my emotions, the one thing that didn't change was my habit to not cry. This was just frustration. Why could Luca come but not Vincent: why could I see Luca and not Vincent?

I just needed to take a breath. Just calm myself.

Getting up, I went to the bathroom. I did my makeup, listening to some music to take my mind off of things. I could just ask Luca. He seemed to tell me things before. He was the first to tell me about Roberto. Yeah, he was cut off during it but it was the thought that counted. Luca was the simple solution. If that failed, I could find Dante's number and call him.

Maybe this was out of line? I haven't tried to call him since September. Maybe I needed to put in effort. Wait, no. He wouldn't just up and forget about me. He had my name tattooed on his arm.

Unless he got it removed!

No, God, Alexis, just calm down.

Why would he do it just to remove it? Waste the money? It wasn't a valid point. The idea of him cheating on me wasn't a possibility- Oh, my God! What about his girlfriend before me? The one that wanted to marry him? What if she came back? Stole my man and that's why I never heard from him.

That was so far-fetched.

All this overthinking could easily be solved with a conversation. A conversation with Luca.

I figured what I had on was good enough. I made my way downstairs. These fucks were already home! Luca turned when he heard someone come into the kitchen.

His grin was big. "Alexis, è così bello vederti!" He pulled me into his arms, tightly squeezing me. I patted his back before pulling away.

"It's good to see you too," I responded. "Is it just you?"

"Si," he confirmed.

Michael poured himself a glass of wine. "Vino?" he asked Luca, giving Freddie a glass.

"Per favore," he agreed, taking the glass. "Vinny has a new tattoo..."

"Really?" I asked, my eyes wide. He could get a tattoo but he couldn't call me back?

He nodded in agreement. "I see you have one too. The rose on him."

"Oh," I frowned, "I already know about that." He shrugged, sipping the white wine. "How's Vincent?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

He smirked at me, all cocky, and for some reason, it pissed me off. "He's fine," he brushed off.

"I'll be out," Freddie announced, "I don't wanna know about this." He finished his wine, gave me a quick hug, and then left.

"He hasn't called me back," I explained, trying to sound cool about it but I was still bothered about it.

"Oh, I have a list of excuses for him. He's visiting his mother. His mother's sick. His sister got married. His other sister got married. He's in the hospital. He's in a meeting. He's in jail. He's in surgery-"

"Luca," dad cut him off. I felt slightly horrified. This fucking man had premade excuses for people to use to cover for him? "Be real."

Luca chuckled to himself. I didn't find him funny. At all. Just go back if you're going to act like that. I was feeling stressed. I wanted tea. I needed to detox before the situation got worse and I started to bitch everyone out.