Cima

Photo source- Pinterest

+

Song

--

I had no motivation to get up. When I woke up, I brushed my teeth, changed into sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt, and then just went back to bed. I wasn't even sleeping. I was just watching 'The Office' emotionlessly. It was a first. I loved this show more than anything and it always made me feel better.

I guess I was just drained.

I was kinda hungry though. I was craving a salad. Something fresh. I was also craving some water but I'd have to get up and go out of my room to refill my tumbler.

Was it really worth it?

I mean, water was important.

With a groan, I hauled myself out of bed, rubbing my face as I walked out my door and downstairs. I refilled it before grabbing my keys. Now, I'd just have to find Giovanni. I knew he'd be with my father but just in case, I checked the living room. Luckily, he was there, on the phone.

He ended it as I came in, looking up at me. "Good morning," he nodded before looking at the keys in my hand. "Going somewhere?"

"Yeah, can you come with me?" I asked.

It might've seemed silly to ask but I usually had to have someone when we went out. It's always been like that but this year was election year and my father was heavily favoring candidate Hutton. He wanted that man in office. He was promoting the man's name left and right even though it was only August. Some people didn't like it. It probably became tenser since I left. It was always just added protection.

"Sorry, sweetie," he shook his head, standing up, "your father didn't approve of this."

"I have to get his approval?" I blinked.

He nodded. "Your aunt wanted to take you out today but he said no, said it was too risky."

"God," I groaned, "this is so annoying," I rolled my eyes, turning around to go back upstairs only to see my dad and brother come into the living room. He immediately saw my keys.

"You're not going anywhere, Marie," my dad shook his head.

"Shocker," I muttered.

"What's with your attitude?" he questioned and my eyes widened, tilting my head to the side.

"Are you serious?" I blinked. "What's with my attitude? Hm, I don't know, Michael, what could possibly give me an attitude?"

"Alexis," Freddie scolded, mad about me using his first name, slapping my arm.

My dad gave me a look before glancing at Giovanni, silently telling him to leave. He did so, leaving us as I glared at my father.

"Who do you think you are talking to me like that? Huh? Not only are you insulting me, but you're also insulting the family. I didn't raise you to be disrespectful," he pointed at me.

"The family?" I quoted, "why not 'our family?' Huh? Or am I not good enough to be a part of your stupid little club?" I accused. "And who the hell are you to talk about respect? You don't have any for me! If you did then you would've told me about everything but you didn't because you have no care about how I feel or what I am entitled to know, you stupid fuck!"

"Alexis, don't be fucking rude," Freddie smacked my arm but I quickly hit him back.

"Both of you stop," my dad intervened, grabbing my brother's arm. "You," he pointed at me, "need to wise up. Give me your fucking keys, you're not going anywhere."