10 | ignored disaster

They hadn't even made it through one lesson without getting into a fight.

In hindsight, Angela should have been better prepared. Regulus was as stubborn as his older brother, if not, more.

With a huff, she entered Potions with her textbook clutched to her chest. She took a seat at her assigned table, her focus on anything but those around her.

She opened her textbook to the page written on the board and set to work. She began to read the chapter when someone cleared their throat from next to her. She ignored them as she continued the reading.

"Angel," Regulus tried but she successfully managed to ignore him. She was afraid that if she looked up at him, she would slap him. Or listen to what he had to say. He had no doubt already put up a Silencing Spell as he easily continued, "Angel, come on."

"I don't want to talk to you, Regulus," she said in response and he huffed. "So stop trying."

He recoiled at this, clearly not a fan of her using his words against him. But two could play at the 'ignoring each other' game.

"Set to work on the assigned Potions," Slughorn announced, "And work together. This potion is one of the harder ones that you are required to learn."

Regulus had taken down the Silencing Spell seeing as there was no need when neither of them had the intention of talking. The two proceeded through the class, bumping into each other every so often and scowling when they did so.

They merely continued dropping the desired ingredients into the pot and stirred when called for. Regulus let the girl do most of the work seeing as she had almost cut his finger off when he tried to help.

It was definitely on purpose.

They both looked inside the cauldron. Regulus grimaced, "It's not supposed to look or smell like that."

"This is your fault," she scowled as she stared down at the murky substance.

He narrowed his eyes, "How so?"

"You messed it up," she accused.

"I messed it up?" he gaped. "How did I mess it up? You're the one who put two vervain flowers in instead of-"

He never got the chance to inform her as to what she should have done as she dumped the failed potion over his head.

The class fell silent as they all turned to watch the interaction. Regulus closed his eyes for a moment, shaking his head slightly as he tried to maintain his anger with the girl.

She placed the cauldron back on the table before gathering her belongings and storming out of the classroom without another word.

Angela didn't bother you to go to the Great Hall as she had told her brother she would and made her way straight to the Gryffindor common room.

She collapsed on the couch with a huff. Why did Regulus have to be so beyond infuriating? And why couldn't she have just left him alone?

"That was awesome!" America exclaimed as she entered the common room. "I mean, you should have seen the look on his face!"

"It was kind of awesome," Trevor agreed. "Stupid but awesome."

"You should have heard what Crouch said," Daisy sighed. "I thought he was going to hex me for associating with Angela."

"Would all of you shut up?" Angela requested.

"Why would we do that when we could bask in all that is the badass, Angela Potter?" America inquired as she plopped down on the couch across from her.

"I'm not a badass," she countered. "I'm an idiot, that's what I am."

"Agreed," Trevor nodded.

"The Slytherin's are going to kill me."

America raised an eyebrow, "What if we get them first?"