29 | delayed knight in shining armor

James had barely slept for the past month. How could he possibly sleep when his sister was missing?

He had been out with Sirius when word got around that there had been a kidnapping in Diagon Alley. They were sent home by Auror's being told that they should lock their doors and stay inside.

When they got home, however, there were more Auror's. James and Sirius had pushed their way through and eventually made their way to the kitchen to find Fleamont Potter with his arm around Euphemia Potter.

James's heart dropped in his chest. "Mom?" he said though his voice wasn't his own. "Dad? What is it? Where's Angela?" Euphemia let out a sob at the question and everything had only gone downhill from there.

Fortescue had seen Daisy, Angela and America outside his shop. Daisy and Angela had been taken. America had walked away unscathed.

Apparently, as soon as the Auror's found her, she claimed that they had threatened her family if she didn't help them get Daisy and Angela. The Auror's believed her.

They had been looking for her for a month. They said in most cases, they were dead after two days and their body showed up eventually. It had been a month and no word.

She wasn't dead. It wasn't possible. Him and Angela...they were siblings. He would know if she was gone.

Wouldn't he?

Sirius had offered to go home and play nice, see if he could find her but the Potter's declined immediately. They had already lost one child, they couldn't handle losing another.

James had his head against the kitchen table and Sirius sat across from him with a frown. Sirius wanted to find Angela as much as everyone else but what could they do? What if she was dead? What if there was literally nothing they could do?

"You boys should try and get some sleep," Fleamont suggested from where he sat at the table. "There's nothing more to do today that can't be done tomorrow."

James opened his mouth to respond when there was grunt from the other room. The boys were the first two to react, immediately drawing their wands and making their way to the sitting room.

Regulus stumbled through the fireplace and into the Potter's sitting room. "Hello?" he called out. "James!" he shouted. "Er, Sirius?" James and Sirius rounded the corner a moment later, followed by Euphemia and Fleamont Potter. He let out a breath of relief, "I - I think she needs a doctor."