20 | secret rendezvous

"You're not his type," Angela informed the girl as they peered around the corner down the hall.

America huffed, "I could be his type."

"Do you have a penis?" she asked.

"No."

"Then no you can't be his type."

"Well, that's just stupid."

"No, it isn't," Angela countered. "Now shut up and stop talking about my brother like that, it's weird. And I don't want to get caught."

"If Sirius was your brother, it would make whatever it is going on between you and little Black very weird."

Angela turned to look at her, "What about 'stop talking' didn't compute?"

"Sorry," she muttered and the two quickly made their way out of the house

America was visiting for a few days before break was up and they were sneaking out to Diagon Alley. Angela was certain that if she asked, her parents would make them take James and company and she couldn't have that.

Upon arriving, Angela dismissed herself to find a bathroom before making her way to where she told Regulus to meet her. She had slipped him a note at King's Cross before everything happened.

She was surprised to find that he was already there and she approached him. "Regulus," she greeted, "I didn't think you would actually show up."

"I came here to tell you that sticking that note in my pocket was a bad idea and so was what you said to my mother," he informed her. "That's the only reason I'm here."

"Well, that's not why I'm here," Angela replied. "I'm here because-"

"Stop it, okay?" he requested, pleadingly. "I already told you-"

"And I told you I can handle it!" she exclaimed in exasperation.

He narrowed his eyes, "You could barely handle Crouch and he's a low level threat."

She raised an eyebrow, "I handled him just fine until he became unhinged."

"He would have killed you had your brother not been there," he informed the girl. "Your brother won't always be there."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It doesn't mean anything," he huffed. "All I'm saying is that he can't watch over you twenty four seven."

She shot him a pointed look, "And that's why you're supposed to teach me the Dark Arts."

"It's harder than just learning the spells. You have to mean it," he explained. "You aren't exactly an inflicting physical harm kind of person."

"When it comes to the people I care about, I'll do whatever I have to," she replied simply, crossing her arms over her chest.

He let out an exasperated sigh and ran a hand through his hair, "Have you always been this stubborn?"

"I'm not stubborn, I'm just persistent."

"That's the same thing."

"Come on, Reggie," she tried, reaching up and grabbing his jacket. "What's the worst that could happen?"

Regulus watched her, trying his best not to just give in, "You want just one thing?"

"Can we at least try?" she requested, moving closer to him. "Please?" He rested his forehead against hers and closed his eyes. "Reggie..."

She moved her hands from his jacket and ran them down his chest. She froze when he hissed slightly, "What? What is it?"

"It's nothing," he shook his head quickly, "I just-" But she had lifted his shirt up before he could stop her. "It's not that bad, I-"

"Not that bad?" she gaped as she stared down at the large bruise that covered his abdomen. "Reg, it looks like you were hit by a truck."

He pulled her hands away from his shirt, allowing it to drop, "It's not as bad as it looks."

"Is this because of what happened at King's Cross?" she asked as she looked up at him, "Because of what I said? I'm so-"

"Hey, don't," he cut her off, resting his hand on the side of her face. He brushed over her cheek with his thumb as he shook his head, "It's not your fault."

She raised her hand, resting her hand over his. She appeared as though she were about to say something but decided against it, instead, she stood on the balls of her feet and pressed her lips against his.

He reacted immediately, pulling her towards him. She was careful not to push against him as she moved her arms to wrap around his neck. "This is a horrible idea," he informed her as they parted for a brief moment.

"I don't care," she replied before pulling him back towards her.