12 | eye-opening revelations

The best part about the whole "prank" was that in order for people to admit they had a problem, they had to explain why they had a problem. So nobody did anything.

Each jinx wore off eventually but most people seemed to think it was a one-off and tried again. It wasn't.

"This has been very eye-opening," America admitted as she looked around the school.

"I didn't realize how many people used those types of words," Daisy admitted with a frown. "I knew people used them, but this many."

"People can be assholes," America stated.

"You're an asshole," Angela reminded her.

"Well, yeah, but I'm not a prejudiced git," she countered. "I'm just a bitch."

Angela rolled her eyes at this as they made their way to Potions. While they hadn't gotten a reaction from the Slytherin's after Angela dumped the potion on Regulus, they hadn't actually had class with them yet.

Normally they had Defense Against the Dark Arts but the teacher was out this week because he couldn't stop sneezing.

They reluctantly split upon entering the room though America was slightly less reluctant than usual. Angela was pretty sure Trevor was growing on her.

Angela took a seat at her table to find that Regulus was already there. He had put up a Silencing Spell almost immediately although he didn't say anything at first.

"It's clever, what you did," Regulus admitted though he kept his sight away from her. "Making the words Taboo."

"They aren't just words, Regulus," Angela pointed out. "They're slurs. It's shaming and insulting to people for something they can't control. And it's not even things they should have to control."

"You should really watch your back," he suggested.

"Is that a threat?" she asked.

"What?" he shook his head. "No. All I'm saying is that between the duel with Crouch and now this?" he replied. "You need to be careful."

"I beat Crouch fair and square," Angela pointed out. "He's the one who-" she sucked in a breath, shaking her head, "He lost his cool because he couldn't stand the fact that he lost to a blood traitor. That's not my fault."

He blinked as he watched her, "How come you can say it? Seems a bit hypocritical, if you ask me."

"Well, for one, I didn't ask you," she pointed out. "And two, I didn't say it with malicious intent or as an attempt at insult. I was merely stating it as a word."

"Hmm," he replied in thought. "So as long as I'm not calling someone a mudblood or a blood traitor, I can say it?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Yes, but there's no need for you to say it."

"That's besides the point."

"Is it?" she inquired. "Because I think it's completely on the point."

"You're just a-" Sneeze. His eyes widened slightly, "Damn it." Another sneeze. "Can't you," sneeze, "Fix this." Sneeze.

She raised an eyebrow, "Why should I?"

"Because," sneeze, "you," sneeze, "Potter!" Sneeze.

Angela grinned as she lowered the Silencing Spell he had put up. "Is everything alright, Mr. Black?" Slughorn asked.

"Everything," sneeze, "is," sneeze, "fine."

"I think he needs a trip to Pomfrey," Angela announced. "He's come down with a cold. Wouldn't want him to give it to the rest of the class."

"Well, alright, Ms. Potter," he nodded solemn, looking from Regulus to Angela, "Would you mind walking him? There's nothing you can do without him here and I'd rather he didn't get lost because he couldn't stop sneezing."

Angela grinned at this, "I would love to." She gathered her belongings and the Slytherin's in the room appeared as though they were ready to pounce on her. With that, the Gryffindor's were on edge as they waited for the two to leave the classroom.

Regulus waved his hand at the Slytherin's, Barty in particular, and they reluctantly settled down. He grabbed his bag and followed Angela from the classroom, sneezing as he did so.

"What are you up to, Potter?" he asked in between sneezes. His nose was already starting to get red as he rubbed it, hoping it would miraculously stop.

"I'm not up to anything," she shrugged as she navigated her way through the hallways.

"You definitely are," he replied, "Oh." He shook his head slightly as he realized he had stopped sneezing, "Thank you, I think." She rolled her eyes as she continued walking, he jogged to catch up with her, "Wait, where are we going?"

"We are not going anywhere," she replied. "I am going to the library. You are going wherever you desire to go."

"So you drag me out of class an hour earlier just to leave me alone?"

"Why would I want to waste my time around the likes of you?"

"I know that we-"

"Do you?"

"You hate me, I get it, but-"

"I don't hate you," she interrupted and he stopped walking. She stopped as well when she realized he had stopped following and she turned to face him, "What?"

"You don't hate me?" he asked, clearly perplexed by the idea.

She rolled her eyes, "No. I think you're a prejudiced douchebag that's so wrapped up in his family ideals that he can't tell his head from his ass but I don't hate you." She sent him a faux smile, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have places to be."

"Angel, what are you - Angel!" he called out but she was already rounding the corner. He looked around as he realized he had raised his voice and scratched his neck awkwardly before he started in the opposite direction.