38 | cat fight

The second Angela had sat down at the Gryffindor table, she immediately put her head down, pressing her hands into her ears. It was a constant rotation of conversations, all things she didn't care to listen to. Daisy. America. Regulus. Adhara. The school somehow knew everything that had happened over the summer as well as what had happened on the train.

She just wanted them all to stop talking.

"They're getting married!" A student exclaimed. "Can you believe it? They're younger than us and they're getting married!"

She banged her head on the table twice before looking up, "Do they truly not have anything better to talk about?" James and Sirius both exchanged a look, "Honestly, they should just mind their own business."

"It kind of is their business," Marlene replied. Angela turned to look at the girl to find that she was just mindlessly eating her food.

"Excuse me?"

"Marlene," Lily hissed under her breath.

"What?" Marlene huffed, "I'm not wrong. There's a war happening. Everything is everyone's business now."

"No, no it's not," Angela replied. "They may think that they're entitled to know what happened, but they aren't. They don't get to know anything. They don't know anything."

"The whole school already knows Ang, you might as well accept that now rather than worrying yourself over it."

"Marlene, let it go," James said warningly.

"Oh, come off of it," she rolled her eyes. "Back me up here Lily, you agreed-"

"Maybe I did but you're taking this too far."

James shook his head, "Agree with what exactly."

Lily's eyes widened and Marlene shook her head in disbelief, "Don't be so naive James. I get it, she went through a lot but she should be telling others what happened. We have the right to know so we know what we could be getting into."

Before anyone could stop her, Angela launched herself at Marlene. She yanked the girl off the bench and threw them both on the ground.

"Oh, shit," Sirius muttered as he stood up.

Angela sat up on the girl. "You think you have the right to know what happened to me, huh?" she demanded as she yanked the girl up by the robes and leaned closer, "You act as though you have the right to know everything but news flash, Marlene, you don't. I went through it. I made it out alive. Nothing happened to you! You have no say in what I do or do not tell people! That is none of your business!"

Marlene reached up to grab at the girl, the shock of it all wearing off. Angela raised her hand, ramming it straight into the blonde's jaw.

"Angela, get off of her!" Lily exclaimed. The redhead turned to look at James and Sirius, "Do something!"

Sirius and James glanced at each other before they both shrugged and James spoke up, "I think she has this one handled."

"I agree with Prongs."

Marlene pushed her hand into Angela's face, trying to get the girl off of her. Lily shook her head in disbelief before she moved toward Angela.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Remus suggested warily. It wasn't as though he were particularly enjoying the fight but he wasn't going to be the one to get in the middle of it either.

"Nobody else is doing anything!" Lily exclaimed before she reached forward, making an attempt at pulling Angela off. Lily managed to pull Angela off of Marlene, giving her friend enough time to pull herself together but Lily lost her grip quickly. Angela yanked herself from her grasp but Lily held onto her robes, pulling it off unintentionally.