10| The Reason

C H A P T E R     10

I sucked in a breath and stepped backwards.

"It doesn't matter. I won't bother you anymore." I breathed out slowly, feeling my heart beating loudly as I turned away from him therefore I had barely managed to pass the couch when his hand clasps my wrist.

"Can you stop running away and just fucking talk to me for once in your life!" His voice was harsher, anger building inside him as he intensely stared into my eyes.

I knew I was being a little bit irrational and overreacting over this. If Jungkook wasn't my best friend this wouldn't be an issue but I didn't want to complicate things more.

I didn't want to add another problem into his life. Telling him the truth since the beginning wasn't exactly the perfect idea but despite what Yoon-Ji said, I did have to face him at least once or twice a day and it was so hard to stop my feelings from growing.

However that was the easiest route to go down.

Never mind even if I want to step in closer it's still a mistake.

Since 2 weeks ago, my brain had me tossing and turning with the memory of that night.

More than once I'd woken up all hot and tangled in my sheets with my head pounding.

I had a really weird dream but i didn't need an explanation.

The gentle throbbing between my legs had told me everything I'd needed to know.

All that from that one night.

It's ridiculous, quite frankly.

He clenched his jaw.

"I've been trying to find a way to apologise to you for days but I didn't know what to do and how to make you listen to me. I'm sorry for my behaviour last time,  I shouldn't have said what I did."

Sighing, I opened my mouth before closing it again and nodding once.

"Lia I'm just saying is possible that everything can go good or bad, maybe both ways. I can have both you and my carrier if we'd both try. just please look at me and say that you'd stay by my side because-"

Peering up at him through my dark eyelashes, he took a step closer.

"I'm scared too."